Check our facility capacity webpage for regularly updated facility attendance counts.
As we navigate through the COVID-19 pandemic, amenities and services at Strathcona County facilities need to quickly adapt to changing circumstances. On this page, you'll find a listing of active bylaws, restrictions or safety measures that impact our recreation facilities, as well as measures you can take to better prepare for your visit.
For more information on provincial public health actions please visit COVID-19 public health actions (Alberta.ca).
- Indoor courts at Glen Allan Recreation Complex can be pre-booked, or you can drop-in.
Child care, youth and teen activity spaces
- The Fun Factory and Youth Lounge at Millennium Place and Ardrossan Recreation Complex are closed until further notice.
- There are no COVID-19 impacts to our aquatics facilities at this time.
Arena and skating activities
- Teams should limit their arrival times and time in dressing rooms to 30 minutes pre- and post-booking time. Consider coming pre-dressed if possible.
- Shinny timeslots at Millennium Place and Ardrossan currently require advance booking.
- Family stick and skate time slots at Millennium Place and Ardrossan currently require advance booking.
- There are no COVID-19 impacts to our culture facilities at this time.
Know before you go: recreation and culture programs
Considerations for general safety, as well as COVID-19 restrictions can vary depending on the type of program you are participating in. Please refer to each of our program areas to learn what you need to know before you arrive:
- Know before you go: aquatics programs
- Know before you go: adult / older adult programs
- Know before you go: child, youth and teen programs
- Know before you go: performing arts programs
- Know before you go: preschool programs
- Know before you go: outdoor programs
- Know before you go: Gallery@501 art programs
- Know before you go: Smeltzer House art programs