Adult / older adult programs
Fall back into fitness with registered group fitness classes. Sign up for single classes or register for the whole session. We offer group fitness programs for both beginners and fitness enthusiasts. We also offer specialized health-based programming including programs for individuals with chronic health conditions.
The safety of our participants and staff is our top priority. All programs have been created to meet Alberta Health Services guidelines to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our community.
Fall programs offered - register today!
Follow the links below to find the full class schedule and register with Recreation Online. Learn more about setting up your Recreation Online account. Need assistance? Call 780-467-2211 (weekdays) or 780-416-3300 (evenings and weekends).
- Fitness - Including Bootcamp, Arms & Abs, Force, Strong, Baby Worx and more.
- Group Cycling - Including Pure Ride, HIIT and Ride
- Mind and Body - Including Essentrics, Yoga, and Kung Fu
- Aqua Fitness - Including Shallow, Deep and Young at Heart
- Older Adult - Pick Your Pace, Yoga 50+, Aging Backwards with Essentrics and Turning Back the Clock
- Health Based and Prevention - Including Next Step (land and water), Pole Walking and Strength
Know before you go
- Stay home if you are sick or experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19.
- To participate in a group fitness class you must pre-register with Recreation Online or by calling a recreation centre ahead of time.
- You can register for the full course or single classes.
- Please double check your registration by logging into your account and select “bookings."
- Arrive a maximum of 10 minutes before your class starts.
- Individuals 10 years of age or older must wear a mask or face covering in common areas (lobby, washrooms, stairs, etc) at all Strathcona County facilities. Masks are not required to be worn while participating in the class.
- Practice proper hand hygiene, physical distancing (2 meters / 6 feet), and avoid touching your face.
- Everyone will be asked to answer a series of COVID-19 pre-screening questions before participating in each class.
- Exit the building immediately after class and please follow all gathering restrictions in place.
Frequently asked questions
1. How many spots are available for each fitness class?Permanent link to How many spots are available for each fitness class?
Fitness class sizes have been reduced in order to follow Alberta Health's guidelines for gatherings and physical distancing.
Check the course description before registering for more details. Any fitness class equipment listed is optional and will be the responsibility of the participant to provide their own. Modifications will be available for participants without access to personal fitness equipment.
3. What protocols will be in place to ensure participant safety and help prevent the spread of COVID-19?Permanent link to What protocols will be in place to ensure participant safety and help prevent the spread of COVID-19?
The health and safety of our community, including our staff, remains our top priority. Our group fitness classes meet all Alberta Health guidelines to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 for gatherings and activities:
- Participants are asked to follow all on site signage and answer a series of COVID-19 screening questions before class.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available before and after class.
- Participants are encouraged to bring their own mats if needed, no shared equipment will be used.
- Participants are asked to arrive a maximum of 10 minutes before class starts and leave immediately after.
- Physical distancing measures will be in place to protect participants and instructors.
- Participants should avoid touching commonly touched surfaces.
- Participants must stay home if they are sick or displaying any symptoms of COVID-19.
4. Can I bring my children while I participate?Permanent link to Can I bring my children while I participate?
Only registered, class participants are able to attend each fitness class. Children are able to accompany their parent / guardian during Baby Worx but are expected to follow all guidelines, including maintaining a physical distance of 2 metres (6 feet) from individuals who are not from the same household.
5. What is the age limit for the fitness classes?Permanent link to What is the age limit for the fitness classes?
Participants must be at least 14 years of age to attend.
6. Where do I find the class schedule and register?Permanent link to Where do I find the class schedule and register?
Visit reconline.strathcona.ca to find the latest fitness class schedule and to register. The schedule will be posted two weeks in advance, check back for new classes.
7. Can I use the wellness centre before or after my class?Permanent link to Can I use the wellness centre before or after my class?
No, group fitness class registration is not valid for admission in the wellness centre. To visit the wellness centre you must have a pre-booked wellness centre activity timeslot.
8. Why aren’t group fitness classes included on the one month pass?Permanent link to Why aren’t group fitness classes included on the one month pass?
Due to the current restrictions in place to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our community, we are unable to offer the number and range of group fitness programs you would typically see for fall.
To comply with the new guidelines in place, class sizes have been reduced for each group fitness program. In order to cover the costs of operating these instructor lead classes at a reduced capacity, we are only offering registered fitness programs, with the flexibility to register for single classes or 7-week sessions.
Ask it, report it or suggest it using County Connect