Plan your event
Planning an event in Strathcona County can be fun, easy and safe with proper planning and tools.
Event planning resources
Strathcona County has developed event planning guides and kits for planners and community organizers to host a successful event. These resources provide information specific to our community, step-by-step instructions on the event bid and planning process and tips to keep your event environmentally friendly.
Event safety and map templates
As part of your incident (emergency) action plan, don't forget to create a muster point and shelter in place map for your event. As an example, consider the Broadmoor Lake Park muster point and shelter in place map (517.3 KB)
Clearly labeled maps are crucial to facilitating the logistics and operations of a successful event. Map templates are available to create a layout or incident action plan map.
Facility map templates:
- Ardrossan Recreation Complex (830.1 KB)
- Broadmoor Arena and Golf Course clubhouse (834.0 KB)
- Broadmoor Lake Park (126.3 KB)
- Gallery@501 (203.3 KB)
- Emerald Hills Leisure Centre (289.1 KB)
- Emerald Hills Regional Park (3.5 MB)
- Festival Place (504.5 KB)
- Glen Allan Recreation Complex (426.8 KB)
- Kinsmen Leisure Centre (403.6 KB)
- Millennium Place (1.3 MB)
- Moyer Recreation Centre (566.9 KB)
- Sherwood Park Arena and Sports Centre (533.1 KB)
- Strathcona Olympiette Centre (150.5 KB)
- Strathcona Wilderness Centre (548.4 KB)