Plan your event
Plan your event
- Easy access from all major highways and roads
- Recreation and park facilities link to over 100 km of parkway trail winding throughout the community
- FREE parking at all recreation facilities (Note: parking fees in effect at the Community Centre)
- Currently, there are eight hotel properties with 900 rooms (plus two Bed & Breakfasts). In 2017, three more hotels will be added, with a total new room count of 443. Once the expansions are complete, there will be 11 hotels and 1,343 rooms available.
- Quality medical services including Strathcona Community Hospital, Strathcona County Health Centre and a variety of medicentres, doctor offices and physiotherapy clinics
- A strong local business community and with great shopping and a wide variety of restaurants. Check out the Strathcona County Visitor's Guide for details.
- Exciting recreation fun to compliment major tournaments and events.
- Sherwood Park is the largest hamlet in Strathcona County with over 65,0000 (two-thirds) of residents living in this community.
- Public transportation options via Strathcona County Transit
If you are planning an event in Strathcona County we want to ensure that you have the tools to make your event successful! This page will help ensure you have the correct permits, knowledge of Bylaws, parking and transportation needs and the logistics to help you master your event. The facility booking representative or event liaison can help you with questions.
- Block Party Permit
- Sign Permit
- Tent Permit (Over 10'x10' needs a building permit)
- Noise Control Bylaw
- Noise Permit
- Dog Control Bylaw
- Fireworks permit
- Special Roadway Event Permit
- Concert and Special Events Bylaw
- Alberta Health Services
- Lights Permit
- Special Event Permit
- Camping Permit (Available at rural facilities from facility staff)
- Liquor License Permit
- Host Liquor Liability Permit
- parking availability at venues
- bicycle parking
- emergency vehicle access
- volunteer parking
- VIP parking
- Strathcona County Transit
- Waste Collection and Recycling
- cash handling procedures
- good and bad weather plans for outdoor events
- food and vendors
- spectator seating
- electricity (generator needs)
- Alberta One-Call - Call before you dig into the ground
- First Aid
- water access
- crowd control
- AV requirements
Recreation event promotion tools
- Prize requests
Eligibility and online prize request form for small prizes.
- Prize requests
- media release – fax/email a release to local and/or regional print/broadcast media
- Strathcona County Community Calendar
- Mayor's office: Include a Message from the Mayor in your official event program, invite the Mayor out to attend or speak at your event or inquire about Strathcona County pins. Call 780-464-8103.
- Event program advertising: Please send any requests to advertise in recreation related programs/events to email@example.com for consideration.
- Community map
- Impacts and notices
Depending on the type of event, time and location, you may be required to send out a neighbourhood impact notices to affected residents or post signs within the park to educate about your upcoming event. You will be notified by Strathcona County if this is necessary during the booking process.