Strathcona Wilderness Centre updates
*March 19: The ski trails are done for the season – significant melting has produced increasing bare patches with exposed grass/dirt/mud/gravel. Grooming is no longer feasible or safe, and skiing is not recommended; rentals are closed.
- Equipment rentals are closed for the season.
- Call the Wilderness Centre at 780-922-3939 to learn more about current conditions and passes.
Please remember: leave your pet at home, dogs are not permitted at the Strathcona Wilderness Centre. Thank you for your cooperation.
Check out the Dog off-leash areas in Strathcona County.
- Bicycles, including fat bikes, are not permitted at the Strathcona Wilderness Centre
Park, ski, and head home. Help prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our community.
- Follow all provincial guidelines to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Gathering in the parking lot is not permitted.
- Maintain a physical distance of 2 metres (6 feet) from anyone outside of your household, at all times. This includes inside of the ski rental room.
- Masks or face coverings are required for individuals 2 years of age and older when inside all Strathcona County indoor facilities.
- Once the parking lot at Strathcona Wilderness Centre is full, you will be redirected to other areas. Please visit alternate cross country skiing locations like Cooking Lake – Blackfoot Provincial Recreation Area or try snowshoeing at Beaver Hills Biodiversity Trail.
- Stay home if you are sick or displaying any symptoms of COVID-19
- Learn more about how to stay safe and prevent the spread of Covid-19 when outdoors.
Maps and conditions
Year-round operation hours
|Monday – Sunday||9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.|
|Closed Christmas day and Easter Sunday|
Book a group program
Email email@example.com for information on bookings programs for schools and groups.
Popular pages Permanent link to popular-pages
Ask it, report it or suggest it using County Connect