Cross-country skiing and snowshoeing: Know Before You Go
Strathcona Wilderness Centre updates
- Feb. 26, 2021: The recent fluctuation in temperatures has induced a significant transformation of snow conditions; the fresh snow and a full renovation will improve conditions considerably. We will be grooming and resetting Friday evening and Sunday morning; please watch for grooming equipment and give our groomers time and trail to work – please stay off the trails as they are being groomed.
- Equipment rentals are now available. In order to provide a safe and efficient service, up to 6 guests will be allowed in the ski rental room at one time. This includes picking up and returning equipment. Print and complete your rental waiver or minor rental waiver form in advance.
Please remember: leave your pet at home, dogs are not permitted at the Strathcona Wilderness Centre. Thank you for your cooperation.
Check out the Dog off-leash areas in Strathcona County.
- Bicycles, including fat bikes, are not permitted at the Strathcona Wilderness Centre
Park, ski, and head home. Help prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our community.
- Follow all provincial guidelines to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Gathering in the parking lot is not permitted.
- Maintain a physical distance of 2 metres (6 feet) from anyone outside of your household, at all times. This includes inside of the ski rental room.
- Masks or face coverings are required for individuals 2 years of age and older when inside all Strathcona County indoor facilities.
- Once the parking lot at Strathcona Wilderness Centre is full, you will be redirected to other areas. Please visit alternate cross country skiing locations like Cooking Lake – Blackfoot Provincial Recreation Area or try snowshoeing at Beaver Hills Biodiversity Trail.
- Stay home if you are sick or displaying any symptoms of COVID-19
- Learn more about how to stay safe and prevent the spread of Covid-19 when outdoors.
Maps and conditions
Year-round operation hours
|Monday – Sunday||9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.|
|Closed Christmas day and Easter Sunday|
Book a group program
More information: Active schools curriculum based programs
Popular pages Permanent link to popular-pages
Ask it, report it or suggest it using County Connect