Facility closures and program cancellations
ALL Strathcona County recreation and culture facilities are CLOSED and programs are CANCELLED until June 15 or until further notice. Visit Strathcona County’s COVID-19 page often for updates, including information on recreation pass and program refunds.
Questions? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Open daily 5 a.m. to 11 p.m.
NOTE: some activities run 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily. Please check out the facility schedule for detailed times.
Amenities include fitness centre, aquatics centre, indoor track, gymnasium, twin arenas, leisure ice, fitness studios, field house, indoor playground, youth lounge and concession.
On September 10, Council approved a budget to move forward with some exciting upgrades and replacements to the aquatic centre and ice plant at Millennium Place in 2020.
2020 Aquatic centre revitalization
The aquatic centre revitalization work will take place for three months in 2020: August, September, and October. During this time the pool will be closed however the rest of the facility will remain open and operational. Learn more.
2020 Ice plant replacement
The ice plant replacement project will take place in the spring. Construction of the ice plant is not expected to impact regular operations outside of the 3-week annual ice maintenance, scheduled for April 2020.
Millennium Place Facility Admission
Admission includes all drop-in activities, including instructor-led fitness classes.
Tots (under 2) - FREE
Child (2-12) - $5.50
Youth (13-17) - $8.00
Adult (18-64) - $9.75
Senior (65+) - $8.00
Family* - $25.00
Save 10% off admission with a 10-visit card
*Family includes up to 2 adults and up to 5 children under the age of 18 living in the same household.
Swim diapers (toddler & adult) - $2.00
Available for purchase at the front desk.
Skate rental - $5.25
Bob skates, grippers and skate aids also available free of charge.
Rental tags available for purchase at the front desk. Pick up skates at The Skate Shack located at the leisure ice. Skate rentals are available from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., daily.
The 30-Day Pass provides access to Strathcona County's recreation facilities including instructor-led, drop-in classes. It's a great option for guests who use the recreation facilities 5 or more times per month. Planning dropping in more often? Consider signing up for a Millennium Card.
Tot (under 2yo) FREE
3. The Millennium Card - Continuous monthly or annual passPermanent link to The Millennium Card - Continuous monthly or annual pass
The Millennium Card is your all-access pass to Strathcona County's six recreation facilities, including instructor-led drop-in programs. This pass can be purchased annually or set up as an ongoing pass with monthly payments with.
Child (2-12) - $23.25 per month
Youth (13-17) - $39.25 per month
Adult (18-64) - $49 per month
Senior (65+) - $39.25 per month
Family - Customizable! Start with one adult pass at $49 per month and add family members at a discounted rate. Full details and pricing.
Meyer's Insurance Wellness Centre
Located on the second floor of Millennium Place, the Meyer’s Insurance Wellness Centre is home to more than 500 pieces of state-of-the-art fitness equipment.
The functional training area has four Olympic lifting platforms, squat racks with bumper plates, and kettlebells. There is also a full line of selectorized weight machines, iso-lateral equipment, multiple free weight areas, cable machines and a dedicated group cycling room. Plus, there is an extensive cardio line-up with built-in 15 inch television screens and variety that will keep your workout fun and challenging!
Are you 10-13 years old and looking forward to using the Meyer’s Insurance Wellness Centre?
Check out our Fit for the Future orientation program.
The three-lane track is 235 meters long (4.25 laps = 1 km) and features a unique incline in one section. The track is designed to provide an indoor opportunity for everyone and is wheelchair accessible. Please ensure that an adult accompanies children under 8 years who are using the track.
See Indoor Tracks for more information.
3. Fun Factory - guest child-minding servicesPermanent link to Fun Factory - guest child-minding services
Fun Factory is a drop-in child-minding service for parents involved in activities located at Ardrossan Recreation Complex and Millennium Place. We provide a safe and caring environment for your children while you have some leisure time to participate in a healthy lifestyle.We will entertain your little ones with colouring, toys, playdough, puzzles and books!
Please note: Fun Factory is a special service not included in the Millennium Card. We will provide two weeks notice for any fee or schedule changes. Pick-up our child-minding brochure at Millennium Place or Ardrossan Recreation Complex.
Visit our Fun Factory web page for further details, hours and fees.
Millennium Place’s reputation as a first-class recreation facility within Strathcona County speaks for itself. One of the featured spaces in the facility includes the Edu-tainment Centre – an indoor play space for children that features a playground, climbing wall, tree-house and interactive play pods that helps foster creative play opportunities for kids. If your organization or business is invested in supporting children and education, or if you’re looking to create greater brand awareness to young families, this could be the right fit for you.
- 16 accessible parking stalls,
- plus accessible drop-off / loading area and sidewalk entrances
- all entrances have automatic sliding doors
Push button wheelchair 4' door access to:
- aquatics family change room
- Powerade Centre hallway (arena)
- activity rooms
- Meyer's Insurance Wellness Centre
- wheelchair lift to the soccer bleachers and the running track
- accessible customer service desk
- elevator to all levels
- sledge hockey accessible
- accessible spectator viewing (all areas)
- wheelchair accessible washrooms in the following areas:
- Field 1 and Field 2
- McKay Team Aquatics Centre
- Powerade Centre – twin arena
- Meyer's Insurance Wellness Centre
- accessible aquatic viewing area
- electric-powered sling-lift to lap tank
- aquatic transfer chairs
- pool lift into hot tub and lap pool
- zero depth beach entry into wave pool
Aquatics Change room for persons with special needs
- accessible washroom, changing and shower stalls
- accessible adaptive exercise equipment
- wheelchair accessible showers
- accessible entrance
- ramp access to running track and upper fitness studios
- wide entry way to changerooms
A care provider is anyone who supports guests* who require assistance to enjoy Strathcona County recreation facilities. The guest using the facility pays regular admission and their care provider accesses the facility free of charge.
*Does not including guests within our regular age-based guidelines.
2. Why do care providers wear a different coloured wristband?Permanent link to Why do care providers wear a different coloured wristband?
Care providers wear a highly-visible yellow wristband to ensure staff can quickly and easily identify them in situations where they are required for additional support or during an emergency.
3. Are care providers required to participate in the same activity as the person they are supporting?Permanent link to Are care providers required to participate in the same activity as the person they are supporting?
This depends on the level of support the assisted guest needs (direct or fading). The care provider should be prepared to join in the activity, switch activities or end the visit early, if required.
If the care provider is participating in activities within a paid-admissions area of the facility, and is separated from the guest they are supporting, the care provider requires a paid admissions pass.
4. If I am at a facility to swim with my 5-year old son who has special needs, can I have a free care provider wristband?Permanent link to If I am at a facility to swim with my 5-year old son who has special needs, can I have a free care provider wristband?
Since all children under the age of 8 require the same level of supervision, care provider guidelines are not applicable.
Children under 6 years old must be accompanied by a responsible person who is 14 years of age or older, at all times while using the recreation centre. In our aquatic facilities, children under 8Y must be within arms reach of someone 14Y+ at all times.
Bookings information Permanent link to bookings-information
Ask it, report it or suggest it using County Connect