Know before you go: recreation and culture facilities
5 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily
Located on the second floor of Millennium Place, the wellness centre is home to more than 500 pieces of state-of-the-art fitness equipment.
The functional training area has four Olympic lifting platforms, squat racks with bumper plates, and kettlebells. There is also a full line of selectorized weight machines, iso-lateral equipment, multiple free weight areas, cable machines and a dedicated group cycling room. Plus, there is an extensive cardio line-up with built-in 15 inch television screens and variety that will keep your workout fun and challenging!
We also offer a wide variety of fitness classes.
Find out more information about fitness services.
Are you 10-13 years old and looking forward to using the wellness centre?
Check out our Fit for the Future orientation program.
Features a wave pool, whirlpool, steamroom, sauna, lazy river, 10-lane, 25-metre lap pool & water playground.
The three-lane track is 235 meters long (4.25 laps = 1 km) and features a unique incline in one section. The track is designed to provide an indoor opportunity for everyone and is wheelchair accessible. Please ensure that an adult accompanies children under 8 years who are using the track.
See Indoor Tracks for more information.
Leisure Ice and Twin Arenas
5. Fun Factory - guest child-minding services (CLOSED)Permanent link to Fun Factory - guest child-minding services (CLOSED)
The Fun Factory is CLOSED until further notice.
Fun Factory is a drop-in child-minding service for parents involved in activities located at Ardrossan Recreation Complex and Millennium Place. We provide a safe and caring environment for your children while you have some leisure time to participate in a healthy lifestyle. We will entertain your little ones with colouring, toys, playdough, puzzles and books!
Please note: Fun Factory is a special service not included in the Millennium Card. We will provide two weeks notice for any fee or schedule changes. Pick-up our child-minding brochure at Millennium Place or Ardrossan Recreation Complex.
The youth longe is temporarily CLOSED due to provincial health restrictions.
The youth lounge features video games, a pool table and other social activities for young adults to socialize and play.
View the Youth Lounge schedule.
- 16 accessible parking stalls,
- plus accessible drop-off / loading area and sidewalk entrances
- all entrances have automatic sliding doors
Push button wheelchair 4' door access to:
- aquatics family change room
- Powerade Centre hallway (arena)
- activity rooms
- Wellness Centre
- wheelchair lift to the soccer bleachers and the running track
- accessible customer service desk
- elevator to all levels
- sledge hockey accessible
- accessible spectator viewing (all areas)
- wheelchair accessible washrooms in the following areas:
- Field 1 and Field 2
- McKay Team Aquatics Centre
- Powerade Centre – twin arena
- Wellness Centre
- accessible aquatic viewing area
- electric-powered sling-lift to lap tank
- aquatic transfer chairs
- pool lift into hot tub and lap pool
- zero depth beach entry into wave pool
Aquatics Change room for persons with special needs
- accessible washroom, changing and shower stalls
- accessible adaptive exercise equipment
- wheelchair accessible showers
- accessible entrance
- ramp access to running track and upper fitness studios
- wide entry way to changerooms
Facility Map - Millennium Place
Facility admission rates
Millennium Place Facility Admission
Admission includes all drop-in activities, including instructor-led fitness classes.
Tots (under 2) - FREE
Child (2-12) - $5.50
Youth (13-17) - $8.00
Adult (18-64) - $9.75
Senior (65+) - $8.00
Family* - $25.00
Save 10% off admission with a 10-visit card
*Family includes up to 2 adults and up to 5 children under the age of 18 living in the same household.
Swim diapers (toddler & adult) - $2.00
Available for purchase at the front desk.
Skate rental - $5.25
Bob skates, grippers and skate aids also available free of charge.
Rental tags available for purchase at the front desk. Pick up skates at The Skate Shack located at the leisure ice. Skate rentals are available from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., daily.
The 30-day pass provides access to Strathcona County's recreation facilities including instructor-led drop-in classes. It's a great option for guests who use the recreation facilities 5 or more times per month.
Adult (18Y - 64Y) $47.00
Senior (65Y+) $35.00
Youth (13Y - 17Y) $23.00
Child (2Y - 12Y) $15.00
Tot (under 2yo) FREE
3. The Millennium Card - Continuous monthly or annual passPermanent link to The Millennium Card - Continuous monthly or annual pass
Millennium Cards remain automatically suspended with no payments being taken. We are currently working through some administrative challenges for reactivating individual cards and will provide an update as a solution is in place
The Millennium Card is your all-access pass to Strathcona County's six recreation facilities, including instructor-led drop-in programs. This pass can be purchased annually or set up as an ongoing pass with monthly payments with.
Child (2-12) - $23.25 per month
Youth (13-17) - $39.25 per month
Adult (18-64) - $49 per month
Senior (65+) - $39.25 per month
Family - Customizable! Start with one adult pass at $49 per month and add family members at a discounted rate. Full details and pricing.
A care provider is anyone who supports guests* who require assistance to enjoy Strathcona County recreation facilities. The guest using the facility pays regular admission and their care provider accesses the facility free of charge.
*Does not including guests within our regular age-based guidelines.
2. Why do care providers wear a different coloured wristband?Permanent link to Why do care providers wear a different coloured wristband?
Care providers wear a highly-visible yellow wristband to ensure staff can quickly and easily identify them in situations where they are required for additional support or during an emergency.
3. Are care providers required to participate in the same activity as the person they are supporting?Permanent link to Are care providers required to participate in the same activity as the person they are supporting?
This depends on the level of support the assisted guest needs (direct or fading). The care provider should be prepared to join in the activity, switch activities or end the visit early, if required.
If the care provider is participating in activities within a paid-admissions area of the facility, and is separated from the guest they are supporting, the care provider requires a paid admissions pass.
4. If I am at a facility to swim with my 5-year old son who has special needs, can I have a free care provider wristband?Permanent link to If I am at a facility to swim with my 5-year old son who has special needs, can I have a free care provider wristband?
Since all children under the age of 8 require the same level of supervision, care provider guidelines are not applicable.
Children under 6 years old must be accompanied by a responsible person who is 14 years of age or older, at all times while using the recreation centre. In our aquatic facilities, children under 8Y must be within arms reach of someone 14Y+ at all times.
Bookings Permanent link to bookings
Ask a question, provide feedback or report an issue.
Last updated: Friday, January 14, 2022
Page ID: 39649