Open daily 5 a.m. to 11 p.m.
NOTE: some activities run 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily. Please check out the facility schedule for detailed times.
Amenities include fitness centre, aquatics centre, indoor track, gymnasium, twin arenas, leisure ice, fitness studios, field house, indoor playground, youth lounge and concession.
1. Millennium Place Facility Admission Permanent link to Millennium Place Facility Admission
Admission includes all drop-in activities, including instructor-led fitness classes.
Tots (under 2) – FREE
Child (2-12) – $5.50
Youth (13-17) – $8.00
Adult (18-64) – $9.75
Senior (65+) – $8.00
Family* – $25.00
*Family includes 2 adults and up to 5 children under the age of 18 living in the same household.
Swim diapers (toddler & adult) - $2.00
Available for purchase at the front desk.
Skate rental - $5.25
Bob skates, grippers and skate aids also available free of charge.
Rental tags available for purchase at the front desk. Pick up skates at The Skate Shack located at the leisure ice. Skate rentals are available from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., daily.
1. Meyer's Insurance Wellness Centre Permanent link to Meyer's Insurance Wellness Centre
Located on the second floor of Millennium Place, the Meyer’s Insurance Wellness Centre is home to more than 500 pieces of state-of-the-art fitness equipment.
The functional training area has four Olympic lifting platforms, squat racks with bumper plates, and kettlebells. There is also a full line of selectorized weight machines, iso-lateral equipment, multiple free weight areas, cable machines and a dedicated group cycling room. Plus, there is an extensive cardio line-up with built-in 15 inch television screens and variety that will keep your workout fun and challenging!
Are you 10-13 years old and looking forward to using the Meyer’s Insurance Wellness Centre?
Check out our Fit for the Future orientation program.
2. Indoor track Permanent link to Indoor track
The three-lane track is 235 meters long (4.25 laps = 1 km) and features a unique incline in one section. The track is designed to provide an indoor opportunity for everyone and is wheelchair accessible. Please ensure that an adult accompanies children under 8 years who are using the track.
See Indoor Tracks for more information.
3. Fun Factory - guest child-minding services Permanent link to Fun Factory - guest child-minding services
Fun Factory is a drop-in child-minding service for parents involved in activities located at Ardrossan Recreaction Complex and Millennium Place. We provide a safe and caring environment for your children while you have some leisure time to participate in a healthy lifestyle.We will entertain your little ones with colouring, toys, playdough, puzzles and books!
Please note: Fun Factory is a special service not included in the Millennium Card. We will provide two weeks notice for any fee or schedule changes. Pick-up our child-minding brochure at Millennium Place or Ardrossan Recreation Complex.
Visit our Fun Factory web page for further details, hours and fees.
4. Edu-tainment Centre Permanent link to Edu-tainment Centre
Millennium Place’s reputation as a first-class recreation facility within Strathcona County speaks for itself. One of the featured spaces in the facility includes the Edu-tainment Centre – an indoor play space for children that features a playground, climbing wall, tree-house and interactive play pods that helps foster creative play opportunities for kids. If your organization or business is invested in supporting children and education, or if you’re looking to create greater brand awareness to young families, this could be the right fit for you.
5. Facility accessibility Permanent link to Facility accessibility
- 16 accessible parking stalls,
- plus accessible drop-off / loading area and sidewalk entrances
- all entrances have automatic sliding doors
Push button wheelchair 4' door access to:
- aquatics family change room
- Powerade Centre hallway (arena)
- activity rooms
- Meyer's Insurance Wellness Centre
- wheelchair lift to the soccer bleachers and the running track
- accessible customer service desk
- elevator to all levels
- sledge hockey accessible
- accessible spectator viewing (all areas)
- wheelchair accessible washrooms in the following areas:
- Field 1 and Field 2
- McKay Team Aquatics Centre
- Powerade Centre – twin arena
- Meyer's Insurance Wellness Centre
- accessible aquatic viewing area
- electric-powered sling-lift to lap tank
- aquatic transfer chairs
- pool lift into hot tub and lap pool
- zero depth beach entry into wave pool
Aquatics Change room for persons with special needs
- accessible washroom, changing and shower stalls
- accessible adaptive exercise equipment
- wheelchair accessible showers
- accessible entrance
- ramp access to running track and upper fitness studios
- wide entry way to changerooms
1. What is a care provider? Permanent link to What is a care provider?
A care provider is anyone who supports guests* who require assistance to enjoy Strathcona County recreation facilities. The guest using the facility pays regular admission and their care provider accesses the facility free of charge.
*Does not including guests within our regular age-based guidelines.
2. Why do care providers wear a different coloured wristband? Permanent link to Why do care providers wear a different coloured wristband?
Care providers wear a highly-visible yellow wristband to ensure staff can quickly and easily identify them in situations where they are required for additional support or during an emergency.
3. Are care providers required to participate in the same activity as the person they are supporting? Permanent link to Are care providers required to participate in the same activity as the person they are supporting?
This depends on the level of support the assisted guest needs (direct or fading). The care provider should be prepared to join in the activity, switch activities or end the visit early, if required.
If the care provider is participating in activities within a paid-admissions area of the facility, and is separated from the guest they are supporting, the care provider requires a paid admissions pass.
4. If I am at a facility to swim with my 5-year old son who has special needs, can I have a free care provider wristband? Permanent link to If I am at a facility to swim with my 5-year old son who has special needs, can I have a free care provider wristband?
Since all children under the age of 8 require the same level of supervision, care provider guidelines are not applicable.
Children under 6 years old must be accompanied by a responsible person who is 14 years of age or older, at all times while using the recreation centre. In our aquatic facilities, children under 8Y must be within arms reach of someone 14Y+ at all times.
Ask it, report it or suggest it using County Connect