Finding the right support services for you
Solution Navigators provide free support to individuals and families through life’s challenges. They work with you to identify your goals and strengths, create an action plan, build skills and help you access community resources.
Call us: 780-464-4044
Aging in place resources
Community resources to aging in place
- Strathcona County home support services: 780-464-4044
Light housekeeping for those dealing with medical conditions
- Lawn Busters/Snow Busters: 780-464-4242
Volunteer lawn care and snow clearing service for seniors or those with disabilities. Operated by Volunteer Strathcona
- Alberta Aids to Daily Living (AADL)
Helps Albertans with a long-term disability, chronic or terminal illness to pay for basic medical equipment and supplies. (bathroom aides etc)
- Home Care - Strathcona County Health Centre: 1-855-371-4122
Publicly funded personal and healthcare services for clients of all ages living in a private residence or other setting, such as suites in a retirement residence. Can also include short term loans of equipment (e.g. crutches, wheelchairs, walkers, raised toilet seats, etc.)
- Canadian Red Cross - Health Equipment Loan Program (HELP)
Program provides the short-term loan of clean, safe medical equipment to individuals who are living in their homes and recovering from injury, illness or surgery. Includes wheelchairs, walkers, canes, bathroom aides, etc.
- Meals on Wheels – hot meals: 780-467-2281
- WECAN Food Basket Society of Alberta - 780-416-6730
- Strathcona Food Bank - 780-449-6413
Financial assistance for accessibility home modifications
- Seniors Home Adaptation and Repair Program (SHARP)
- Residential Access Modification Program (RAMP) - Low income Albertans with mobility challenges can apply for grants to modify their home.
- Alberta government special needs assistance for seniors
- Good Samaritan Telecare
Provides complete home monitoring, safety and security supports including flood and fall safety devices.
- MedicAlert Safely Home (Alzheimer Society)
ID bracelets for people experiencing dementia / Alzheimer's
- Phillips Lifeline
- Liberty Security
- Live Life Personal Mobile Alarms
Housing resources and supports
- Heartland Housing – 780-400-3500
Eleven residences offering housing at affordable rates for seniors and families, including supportive living (lodge) options in Strathcona County.
- Alberta Affordable housing programs - 780-644-9992
Providing affordable housing for Albertans with low income.
- Seniors Association of Greater Edmonton (SAGE) - 780-423-5510
Sage provides housing information and assistance to seniors seeking housing.
- Housing information and referrals
- Support transitioning from one lifestyle to another
- Listings of subsidized and non-subsidized housing in the Edmonton area
- Greater Edmonton Foundation (GEF) - 780-482-6561
Supportive Living for Seniors in the greater Edmonton
- CapitalCare - 780-496-1300
Long-term care centres for seniors with 24 hour care