Family Resource Network (formerly Parent Link)
Summer is Here! FREE summer programs for children, youth and families-there's something for everyone!
The Family Resource Network provides a range of programs and services that focus on building well-being and resiliency. Free supports are available to children and youth ages 0-18 and their parents and caregivers.
Parenting is a journey and everyone needs help sometimes. The Family Resource Network offers a range of parenting supports and services including:
- Information on child and youth development
- Discussing challenges and individualized parenting plans
- Referrals to other agencies
- Connecting to community resources
- In-home parenting support
The Home Visitation program provides weekly in-home support for parents in raising healthy, safe and secure children. It is a free and voluntary program for pregnant parents and parents/ caregivers of children ages 0 to 6 years. Home Visitation will help you:
- Focus on family strengths and needs
- Address your pregnancy concerns and provide prenatal support
- Learn more about child development
- Develop and foster positive parent/child interactions
- Reach personal and family goals
- Access community resources
- Build your support networks
Learn what you can expect at various ages and stages of your child’s development with an easy to use questionnaire. The results provide insight into your child’s expected developmental milestones. A member of our team will be in touch to discuss the results, celebrate achievements, and provide resources to continue supporting your child’s growth. This developmental check-in tool is available for children ages 2 months to 5 years.
A series of questionnaires designed to help you monitor your child's physical, intellectual and emotional development at regular intervals for 2 months to 5 years old.
- For the Ages & Stages Questionnaire (ASQ-3) click here.
- For the Social Emotional Questionnaire (ASQ:SE-2) click here.
Once completed you will be contacted by a staff member with the results, within three business days.
WECAN Food Basket
It’s not a food bank – it's food in the bank! Meat order $15. Produce order $10. May be purchased in combination or separately. Multiple orders are also welcome. Participants are encouraged to try out the program; no membership fees apply for the first order. Annual membership fee is due upon second order. Annual memberships $5.
Cash only or NEW Online Registration and Shopping also available at www.wecanfood.com
Due to current COVID-19 public health restrictions, payment and food pick-up options have been temporarily altered.
For pickup – Email FamilyResourceNetwork@strathcona.ca to discuss pickup/delivery and payment options.
Strathcona County Family Resource Network spokes
Our partners Big Brothers Big Sisters, and the Boys and Girls Club of Strathcona County are the designated ‘spokes’ within the new Family Resource Network.