Bus terminals and parking
Reduced terminal hours in effect
To ensure the safety of Transit staff and its customers, the hours of operation have been temporarily adjusted at both terminals:
- Bethel Transit Terminal - Monday to Friday: 5:30 a.m. to 12 a.m. Saturday: 7 a.m. to 12 a.m. Sunday: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Ordze Transit Centre - Monday to Friday: 5 a.m. to 7:15 p.m. Saturday and Sunday: Closed
- Until further notice, the north west corner of the Bethel Transit Terminal parking lot will be used as a AHS COVID-19 testing site, using approximately 40 parking stalls. We do not anticipate this affecting our Transit customers access to parking.
Sherwood Park has two major transit terminals: Bethel Transit Terminal and Ordze Transit Centre.
Bethel Transit Terminal
650 Bethel Drive, Sherwood Park
Bethel Transit Terminal anchors commuter service between Strathcona County and Edmonton and serves as a base for local bus service within Sherwood Park.
Bethel bus stop assignments
The building is open to the public:
Monday to Friday: 5:30 a.m. to 12 a.m.
Saturdays: 7 a.m. to 12 a.m.
Sundays: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Customer service hours:
Monday to Friday: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Saturdays: 8 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. and 1:15 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Off-street bus-only terminal for over 20 buses, including double-decker buses
- Climate controlled and staffed building
- Curbside drop-off/taxi area
- Kiss and Ride (designated drop-off and pick-up area in the parking lot)
- Improved pedestrian and cyclist access and bike lockers
- Meets LEED standards of environmental construction, showcasing the County’s commitment to environmental and social sustainability
Bethel Transit Terminal has over 1,000 free parking stalls and 100 reserved paid parking stalls.
Please consider taking local transit. During the academic year, September - May, parking is at a premium and generally full before 8 a.m.
Please note: Terminal parking is for Transit customers only, not for use by surrounding businesses. Violators may be ticketed or towed at the owner's expense.
Advantage Parking is a reserved, paid parking program at the Bethel Transit Terminal. Advantage Parking provides individuals with a parking stall during peak times, regardless of when they arrive at the Bethel Transit Terminal.
For those who do not wish to pay for parking, there is ample parking available in over 1,000 remaining stalls.
Rules of use
- Parking passes are transferable between vehicles.
- Reserved parking is only in the designated area, Monday to Friday, 5 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Reserved parking is not in effect in the evenings or on weekends.
- One stall per pass. Vehicles improperly parked or not displaying a parking pass may be ticketed or towed.
- Transit is not responsible for lost or stolen parking passes.
- Parking passes are non-refundable.
- Parking passes are void if altered or replicated.
- Parking passes are not for resale.
Advantage Parking FAQs
Ordze Transit Centre
970 Ordze Road, Sherwood Park
Ordze Transit Centre also anchors local service and commuter trips to Edmonton, but on a reduced level in comparison to Bethel Transit Terminal.
Ordze bus stop assignments.
The Ordze Transit Centre building is open to the public:
- Weekdays from 5:00 a.m. to 12 a.m. (current hours 5 a.m. - 7:15 p.m.)
- Weekends from 7 a.m. - 8 p.m. (currently closed)
Customer service is only open from 7 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. and 3 p.m. to 6:15 p.m. on the last two weekdays of each month and the first weekday of each month for pass sales.
- Climate controlled, indoor waiting area
- Drop-off/taxi area
- Pedestrian and cyclist access
Ordze Transit Centre has 200 parking spots in a two-story parkade.
Upper parkade hours
- Accessible on weekdays from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Vehicles may be removed from the upper lot after 8 p.m. until 11 p.m. when the building is locked. There is no access to the upper lot after 11 p.m. on weekdays or on weekends, unless Transit is hosting a special event shuttle.
Customers are asked to respect all parking signage both on Fir Street and in the Village on the Lake neighbourhood. Failure to do so may result in a parking ticket from Enforcement Services.