Know before you go: recreation and culture facilities
Please visit strathcona.ca/capacity for up to date information on facility capacity and visitor numbers.
Festival Place performances
Administration office (box office) hours
|Monday to Friday||9 a.m. – 5 p.m.|
|Saturdays||9 a.m. – 4 p.m.|
|Sundays and Holidays||Closed|
Note: The Administration office (Festival Place Box Office) is open one hour prior to show time any day of the week.
Festival Place is the place for performing arts. You'll find an exciting line-up of performances year-round. Check for the latest performances or buy tickets by visiting festivalplace.ca
Popular pages Permanent link to popular-pages
Exterior upgrades to Festival Place
Festival Place opened in April 1994 and since then has welcomed thousands of people through its doors. Although the original stucco has served its purpose well, water leakage and damage spurred a project to replace and upgrade the exterior finish across the entire building.
Substantial completion (major elements) – March 2022 - Final completion - June 2022
- Removal of all existing stucco and insulation
- Repairing the building envelope (the layers that protect the building from weather, air and water)
- Repair of downspouts and rain gutters
- Adding new insulation to the exterior, doubling the original insulation value
- Replacing all exterior windows with triple-glazed units
- Replacing all exterior doors and door hardware
- New stucco exterior finish on the majority of the building
- New matte black panel finish in selected areas on the exterior
- New feature colour changing lighting in various locations on the building
- Minor interior work
Festival Place remains fully operational during construction. Please expect to see temporary fencing, overhead protection, closure of some multi-use paths (with alternate paths available) and signage on or near Festival Place. Work around and above the main entrance will continue through May and June, follow the arrow signage on fences and outside the building to find the entrance.
Ask a question, provide feedback or report an issue.