Updates and notices
June 8, 2021
The Government of Alberta announced their Open for Summer relaunch plan. Strathcona County indoor recreation and culture facilities will reopen in a phased approach beginning June 10.
- Outdoor fields, specific County spray parks and registered outdoor wellness programs are open with restrictions to adhere to provincial guidelines.
- Strathcona Wilderness Centre hours are extended until 9 p.m. daily.
- Outdoor courts, playgrounds and trails remain open.
- Registration for half-day July and August summer programs is now open with swimming available to register on June 16.
- Wellness Centre timeslots and various recreation programs will be available to book effective June 10 using RecOnline.
- Virtual programs are available and include group outdoor fitness.
- All one-month passes (including annual RAP cards) will come off hold automatically to access activity time bookings for wellness and swimming including single class, virtual fitness programs by calling any recreation facility.
Customer Service Representatives are available Monday to Friday during the day.
- RPC Admin at 780-467-2211
- Millennium Place at 780-416-3300
- Ardrossan Recreation Complex at 780-400-2084
- Glen Allan Recreation Complex at 780-467-4404
Exterior upgrades to Festival Place
Festival Place opened in April 1994 and since then has welcomed thousands of people through its doors. Although the peach stucco has served its purpose well, water leakage and damage to the exterior stucco spurred a project to replace the exterior finish across the entire building.
- Substantial completion (major elements) – December 2021
- Final completion – June 2022
- removal of all existing stucco and insulation
- repairing the building envelope (the layers that protect the building from weather, air and water)
- repair of downspouts and rain gutters
- adding insulation to the exterior
- new stucco exterior finish on the majority of the building
- new matte black panel finish in selected areas on the exterior
- new feature colour changing lighting in various locations on the building
- planning for the future: upgrades to the gas line, electrical system, access and security systems
Festival Place will remain operational during construction, pending changes to current AHS restrictions. Please expect to see temporary fencing, overhead protection, closure of some multi-use paths (with alternate paths available) and signage on or near Festival Place.
Administration office (Box Office) hours
|Monday to Friday||9 a.m. – 6 p.m.|
|Saturdays||9 a.m. – 4 p.m.|
|Sundays & Holidays||Closed|
Note: The Administration office (Festival Place Box Office) is open one hour prior to show time any day of the week.
Festival Place is the place for performing arts. You’ll find an exciting line-up of performances year-round. Check for the latest performances or buy tickets on the Festival Place web site.
Popular pages Permanent link to popular-pages
Ask it, report it or suggest it using County Connect