Key lock box program
As of January 1, 2017, the 3200 series of KNOX-Box is the only approved key lock box in Strathcona County.
The 3200 series KNOX-Box can be purchased online. A box is approximately $500 USD. How to purchase your box:
- Click on "Buy" in the top right corner of the screen.
- Enter either "Strathcona" or "Sherwood Park" in the "search departments" field.
- Select SCES and then click on the green "proceed with pre-authorization order".
- Click on 3200 series (in most cases as this box will accommodate one to 10 keys) and complete the order.
- Once you have your box installed, contact Fire Prevention and Investigation at 780-449-9651 or email@example.com to request a site visit to label and lock your keys in the box.
Note: lock boxes must be mounted so the top of the box is 1.5 metres (5 feet) from the ground. To ensure the safety of your keys, lock boxes must be mounted following the manufacturer's instructions.
Benefits of the KNOX-Box system include:
- Increased security, including an optional tamper switch (a device connected to a fire protection valve that signals a warning if the valve partially or fully closes) that can be connected to the premise's intrusion alarm.
- Decreased incidences of operational issues, such as keys stored inside jamming the exposed lock mechanisms in the current style lockbox.
- Audited trails of when the key lock box is accessed using the E-KeySecure system.
- Removed reliance on power supply or batteries like other boxes on the market that use electronic keys.
The decision to use this system was made by Fire Marshals across the region, and is being applied alongside the City of Fort Saskatchewan, the City of Spruce Grove, the City of Leduc and Strathcona County.
For multi-facility managers
Boxes are recorded by serial number to specified properties. Be sure to mount the right box to the right property.
For more information