Reach out, speak out to build healthy relationships to end family violence.
Relationships can be complicated and look and feel different. Healthy relationships counteract the development of violence because they are built on a foundation of trust and mutual respect, balanced in giving and receiving, with both partners feeling safe physically and emotionally.
Are you OK? Not sure where to start? Healthy Relationships
Family violence continues to be an issue that affects all walks of life in Strathcona County.
- RCMP received 883 reports of family violence
- A Safe Place admitted 739 women and children to the shelter and supported an additional 404 adults (including seniors) and children through its outreach program. Alternative arrangements were necessary for 2,143 women and children who could not be accommodated in the shelter due to lack of room.
- While Victim Services supports victims of all types of crime and trauma, more than half of the individuals needing support were related to family violence.
For more information on community education and awareness, call Family and Community Services at 780-464-4044 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- City of Edmonton. (2019). Family violence prevention. Retrieved from https://www.edmonton.ca/programs_services/for_family_individuals/family-violence-prevention.aspx
- Government of Alberta (2019). Preventing family violence. Retrieved from: https://www.alberta.ca/family-violence-prevention.aspx
- Mindyourmind. (2012). A to Z wellness. Retrieved from https://mytoolkit.ca/atoz-wellness/
- Mindyourmind 2019. Wellness. Retrieved from https://mindyourmind.ca/wellness
- New Zealand Ministry of Social Development. (2016) Family violence it’s not ok: It is ok to ask for help. Retrieved from http://areyouok.org.nz/
- University of Calgary Faculty of Social Work. (2018). SHIFT: The project to end domestic violence. Retrieved from: https://preventdomesticviolence.ca/home/
- White Ribbon. (2019).Our future has no violence against women and girls. Retrieved from http://www.whiteribbon.ca
For more information: