Reach out, Speak out to build healthy relationships and end family violence.
The Zebra Child Protection Centre is proud to unveil a brand new video, giving a voice to victims of child abuse and highlighting the important role the Zebra Centre plays in providing a safe place where kids can tell. https://www.zebracentre.ca/blog/kids-can-tell
Relationships can be complicated and look and feel different. Healthy relationships counteract the development of violence, because they are built on a foundation of trust and mutual respect and safety (both emotional and physical, and are balanced in giving and receiving.
Are you OK? Not sure where to start? Healthy Relationships
We all deserve to feel safe. The issues surrounding family violence are complex and impact everyone, whether directly or indirectly. Working together to support healthy relationships in our community is foundational in addressing and preventing family violence.
- RCMP received 1021 reports of family violence
- A Safe Place admitted 351 women and 392 children to the shelter
- While Victim Services supports victims of all types of crime and trauma, more than half of the individuals needing support were related to family violence.
For more information on community education and awareness, call Family and Community Services at 780-464-4044 or email email@example.com
Popular pages Permanent link to popular-pages
- City of Edmonton. (2019). Family violence prevention. Retrieved from https://www.edmonton.ca/programs_services/programs-family-individuals.aspx
- Government of Alberta (2019). Preventing family violence. Retrieved from: https://www.alberta.ca/family-violence-prevention.aspx
- Mindyourmind. (2012). A to Z wellness. Retrieved from https://mytoolkit.ca/atoz-wellness/
- Mindyourmind 2019. Wellness. Retrieved from https://mindyourmind.ca/wellness
- New Zealand Ministry of Social Development. (2016) Family violence it’s not ok: It is ok to ask for help. Retrieved from http://areyouok.org.nz/
- University of Calgary Faculty of Social Work. (2018). SHIFT: The project to end domestic violence. Retrieved from: https://preventdomesticviolence.ca/home/
- White Ribbon. (2019).Our future has no violence against women and girls. Retrieved from http://www.whiteribbon.ca
For more information: