Everybody Rides program
Strathcona County believes that everyone should have access to transportation. In partnership with Family and Community Services, a program has been implemented to assist qualified residents in reducing the cost of accessing Strathcona County Transit.
The Everybody Rides program improves access to transit services for residents who have limited income. Qualifying applicants can purchase one conventional or Mobility Bus adult monthly commuter or local pass per month for each registered member of the household at a discounted rate.
How to apply
- Download and fill out the application form (752.1 KB)
- Have the following ready for when you apply:
- Identification (showing birth date and residency)
- Proof of income for all members of the household (i.e. most recent income notice of assessment)
- Proof of Strathcona County residency (e.g. rental agreement, utility bill in your name etc.)
- Alberta Health Care cards for dependent children
- Apply: please call 780-464-4044 to speak to a Solutions Navigator or visit the office on the second floor of the Community Centre.
Seniors off-peak local pass and Senior’s subsidized annual pass programs have been discontinued:
Strathcona County Council reviewed and approved changes to the Fees, Rates and Charges Bylaw for the 2022 year. As such the Seniors Off-Peak Pass and Seniors Annual Commuter Pass programs have been discontinued and ended on December 31, 2021.
Please reach out to Family and Community Services at 780-464-4044 to explore your options for access to subsidized transit.
Family and Community Services
Second floor, East Wing Community Centre
401 Festival Lane
Sherwood Park, AB T8A 5P7