Everybody Rides program
Strathcona County believes that everyone should have access to transportation. In partnership with Family and Community Services, a program has been implemented to assist qualified residents in reducing the cost of accessing Strathcona County Transit.
The Everybody Rides program improves access to transit services for residents who have limited income. Qualifying applicants can purchase one conventional or Mobility Bus adult monthly commuter or local pass per month for each registered member of the household at a discounted rate.
How to apply
- Download and fill out the Application Form.
- Have the following ready for when you apply:
- Identification (showing birth date and residency)
- Proof of income for all members of the household (i.e. most recent income notice of assessment)
- Proof of Strathcona County residency (e.g. rental agreement, utility bill in your name etc.)
- Alberta Health Care cards for dependent children
- Apply: please call 780-464-4044 to speak to a Solutions Navigator or visit the office on the second floor of the Community Centre.
Our community is watching the crisis in Ukraine with heavy hearts. Strathcona County stands with Ukraine and welcomes newcomers to our community.
If you are a Ukrainian who has come to Strathcona County, welcome. There are local services to support you getting settled here.
Newcomer Connector events are free events with a meal and speakers. You’ll connect with other newcomers and learn how to access support.
Transit and Recreation Subsidies Available: Ukrainians arriving in Strathcona County under the Canada Ukraine Emergency Authorization for Travel are eligible for recreation and transit subsidies. Subsidies are available to Ukrainian individuals displaced by the conflict and entering Canada on or since Feb. 24, 2022.
If you have any questions, please call Family and Community Services at 780-464-4044.
Seniors off-peak local pass and Senior’s subsidized annual pass programs (Discontinued):
Strathcona County Council reviewed and approved changes to the Fees, Rates and Charges Bylaw for the 2022 year. As such the Seniors Off-Peak Pass and Seniors Annual Commuter Pass programs have been discontinued and ended on December 31, 2021.
Please reach out to Family and Community Services at 780-464-4044 to explore your options for access to subsidized transit.