Are you new to the County? Have you recently moved from an urban hamlet to a rural residence within the County? Are you moving away from the County? Here are some things to know about rates and subscribing to waste collection.
Sherwood Park and rural hamlet residents
- Residents in Sherwood Park or in the townsite of rural hamlets, are automatically set up to receive weekly collection service. Call Utility Billing at 780-464-8273 to create or update your account information.
- If you are moving out of the County, call customer billing at 780-464-8273 to cancel your subscription.
- Residents living in rural areas must call the Utilities department to subscribe to weekly waste collection. Call 780-449-5514 to set up your account.
- If you are moving call Utilities at 780-449-5514 to update or cancel your subscription.
- Make sure your house number is visible from the road to ensure your waste collection is not missed.
All residents will be provided with a black waste cart and a green organics cart, as well as a small countertop bin for food scraps, known as a kitchen catcher.
Residents now have the choice of either a large (240L) cart, or a smaller (120L) cart for a reduced rate.
If you need a new kitchen catcher, you can purchase one from the Broadview Enviroservice Station during it's Thursday to Sunday opening hours, or at the Utilities main office at Suite #244, Broadmoor Place Building V, 2181 Premier Way.
Collection day guidelines:
- Put your cart(s) and recycling out for collection by 7:30 a.m. Daily collection times may vary from week to week.
- Make sure your lid is completely closed. Overfilled carts will not be collected.
- Leave one meter clearance on all sides around your cart (including the top)
- Recycling may be picked up at a different time than waste or organics.
- Your carts must weigh less than 200 lbs.
If your collection was missed:
If your collection was missed, call Utilities after 9 p.m. on your collection day or the next business day between 8:30 a.m. and 10 a.m. Please leave all missed items at curbside for collection. Times of pickup may vary from week to week.
Many recycling programs are also available to all residents of Strathcona County to help divert the amount of waste sent to the landfills.