Strathcona County Spray Decks and Parks
Updates & Notices
September 15 NOTICE: RE/MAX Spray Park is closed for the season.
All other spray decks are closed for the season as well.
All spray decks (except Clover Bar and RE/MAX Spray Park) are turned on by volunteers when the weather is above 20°C in July and August. Volunteers sign up for a minimum of one week, but scheduling is flexible. To volunteer or for more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 780-467-2211.
The spray decks are operated through the generous donations and funds from the Sherwood Park Elks Lodge #481 and the Sherwood Park Lions Club.
Information and Hours of Operation
RE/MAX Spray Park (Open May Long weekend – September Labour Day weekend) is located at 2015 Oak Street View map.
- The spray park and playground at Broadmoor Lake Park features innovative play structures for children all the way up to 15 years old.
All play equipment in Strathcona County playgrounds meets all Canadian Standards Association guidelines, and in some cases, exceeds the guidelines. All equipment is inspected regularly and maintained appropriately.
When is the RE/MAX Spray Park open and what amenities are available?
- Play times are daily from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., when it’s 20°C or warmer, from May Long weekend to September Labour Day long weekend.
Are there washrooms and change facilities?
- Washrooms are available at the Sherwood Park Arena (North of spray park).
- Infants and toddlers must wear swim diapers in the water areas. Forgot one? We have swim diapers for sale at the Kinsmen Leisure Centre.
- Please shower and rinse your feet prior to using the water features. The shower is located at the east end of the spray park.
How does the water turn on?
- The spray features are operated by the staff at the Kinsmen Leisure Centre.
Are pets permitted in the spray deck?
- We encourage you to please leave your pets at home while visiting the spray deck. Pets are required to be on leash.
Is there an age restriction?
- No, all ages and families are welcome. We do have recommended ages for certain pieces of equipment, please refer to the signage on site for these recommendations.
Is this spray deck staffed?
- Yes, there is an attendant on-duty during normal operating hours. Parents are still asked to please watch & supervise their children.
- The park is both environmentally friendly and wheelchair accessible, and the playground includes a special needs swing.
- The spray park runs a recirculating water system that collects, treats and reuses the water.
- 13,000 recycled tires were used for the soft surface area.
Clover Bar Ranch Park (Open May Long weekend – September Labour Day weekend) is located at 875 Jim Common Drive North (Jim Common Drive North and Canyon Drive.) View map.
The Clover Bar Ranch Spray Deck does not require a volunteer to be turned on. To turn on the water, push the button on the blue post on the north side of the spray deck (closest to the playground).
When is the Clover Bar Ranch park open and what amenities are available? The water features are open from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily, regardless of the temperature. The spray deck is open during the summer months and remains open in the fall weather permitting. The park includes a playground, sports field and spray deck with 12 water features. Are there washrooms and change facilities? Port-a-potties are on site, however, no permanent facilities are in place. How does the water turn on? Push the button on the blue post to trigger the sprayers. Are pets permitted in the spray deck? We encourage you to please leave your pet at home while visiting the spray deck. Pets are required to be on leash. Is there an age restriction? No, all ages and families are welcome. Please play carefully and watch for little children. Is this spray deck staffed? The spray deck is monitored for cleanliness and maintenance, but it is not staffed. Parents are asked to please watch their children.
Open July 1 – August 31
Brentwood Spray Deck is volunteer-operated on days when the temperature is at least 20°C, from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
It is located on the Brentwood School grounds, on Falcon Drive between Greenwood Way and Lark Street.
Open July 1 – August 31
Granville Spray Deck is volunteer-operated on days when the temperature is at least 20°C, from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
It is located on Glamorgan Drive East (in Lollypop Park near Glen Allan School). Accessible from Granville Crescent or Glamorgan Drive).
Open July 1 – August 31
Kinsmen / Westboro Spray Deck is volunteer-operated on days when the temperature is at least 20°C, from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
It is located on Strathcona Drive S (West of Broadmoor Boulevard, at the Strathcona Drive and Keith Road intersection).
Open July 1 – August 31 (Monday to Friday)
Woodbridge Spray Deck is volunteer-operated on days when the temperature is at least 20°C, from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
It is located on the West side of Woodbridge Way (between Parker Drive and Wells Point Lane).
Ask it, report it or suggest it using County Connect