Seniors Property Tax Rebate
The County provides a $100 rebate to assist low-income seniors who are homeowners. To qualify for the rebate, you must be:
- 65 years of age or older
- Meet the Alberta Seniors Benefit program annual income guidelines
- Single Senior Income must be $29,630 or less
- Couple's Senior combined Income must be $48,120 or less
- Live in your own home in Strathcona County
To book an appointment for Seniors Property Tax Rebate, please call Family and Community Services at 780-464-4044.
When applying, have the following ready:
- Identification (showing birth date)
- Proof of income for all members of the household (i.e. most recent income notice of assessment)
- Proof of Strathcona County residency (e.g. utility bill in your name etc.)
- Copy of your most recent Property Tax Notice of Assessment.
Appointments for 2023 Seniors Property Tax year (Using 2022 Notice of Assessment) start July 4, 2023.
For more information:
Property tax deferral
This provincially funded program allows eligible senior homeowners to defer all or part of their property taxes through a low-interest home equity loan with the Government of Alberta.
For more information contact 780-644-9992 or at Seniors property tax deferral program.