Seniors Property Tax Rebate
The County provides a $100 rebate to assist low-income seniors who are homeowners. To qualify for the rebate, you must be:
- 65 years of age or older
- Meet the Alberta Seniors Benefit program annual income guidelines
- Single Senior Income must be $29,285 or less
- Couple's Senior combined Income must be $47,545 or less
- Live in your own home in Strathcona County
To book an appointment for Seniors Property Tax Rebate, please call Family and Community Services at 780-464-4044.
When applying, have the following ready:
- Identification (showing birth date)
- Proof of income for all members of the household (i.e. most recent income notice of assessment)
- Proof of Strathcona County residency (e.g. utility bill in your name etc.)
- Copy of your most recent Property Tax Notice of Assessment.
Appointments for 2022 Seniors Property Tax year (using 2021 Notice of Assessment) end May 31, 2023.
Appointments for 2023 Seniors Property Tax year (Using 2022 Notice of Assessment) start July 4, 2023.
For more information:
Property tax deferral
This provincially funded program allows eligible senior homeowners to defer all or part of their property taxes through a low-interest home equity loan with the Government of Alberta.
For more information contact 780-644-9992 or at Seniors property tax deferral program.