Book a fire inspection for your business
Book an inspection today!
Interested in booking a fire inspection for your business? Contact Fire Prevention at 780-449-9651 or email@example.com
We're making Strathcona County safer, one fire inspection at a time! "Safe at Work" is a fire inspection program for businesses and property owners in Strathcona County. The goal of the program is to help make Strathcona County a safer place by educating business and property owners about fire and community safety, and to identify and correct any fire or life safety issues.
How can I prepare for a fire inspection?
- To help you prepare for a fire inspection, complete the self-inspection checklist. (148.8 KB) Correct any violations before the Fire Inspector arrives. A fire inspection terms and explanations (784.5 KB) sheet has been developed to assist with unfamiliar terminology.
- The fire safety maintenance schedule (233.8 KB) can be used to act as a reminder of when you need to check or service fire safety equipment or practice fire safety procedures.
Please take a moment to fill in the customer satisfaction survey (178.2 KB) . Your feedback is valuable.
- It is common for special events such as trade shows to take place in Strathcona County. Due to their nature, these types of events attract large crowds which entail specific life safety requirements. Our fire inspectors often work with event organizers to inspect the event site and make fire safety recommendations that will ensure Alberta Fire Code compliance. Life Safety Requirement Summary - Special Event Exhibitors (526.1 KB)
- Food trucks - for mobile food vendors operating in Strathcona County.
- Occupant Loads - ensure your venuedoes not exceed fire safety limits.
- Oversized burn pile inspections - for outdoor fire debris piles greater than 3 metres x 3 metres x 2 metres which require a permit.
- Fire safety concerns - hoarding, storage of propane tanks, flammable liquids, blocked exits, etc.
- Book at home safety visit to learn about the importance of working smoke alarms, a home fire escape plan, how to put out a stove top fire and more. Book a free home safety visit today!