Join a team of over 2,000 dedicated professionals and make a difference by supporting and growing a diverse community.
Our workforce is made up of Classified staff (non-union), and members of the Alberta Union of Provincial Employees (Local 118/009) and the International Association of Fire Fighters (Local 2461).
Fields of work
Strathcona County offers a number of career opportunities in a vast array of fields:
- from keeping the roads in Strathcona County safe and clean
- to creating recreational programsand services
- to providing safe travel options
- managing waste and recycling programs
- ensuring safety through fire and emergency services, and much more…
What we offer
As an employer, Strathcona County Offers:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits packages including:
- extended health and dental coverage
- health and wellness spending accounts
- life and disability insurance and critical illness programs
- retirement and pension programs
- Paid and unpaid leave programs
- Flexible work arrangements (where possible)
- Corporate well-being programs and a safety culture focused on physical and psychological health in the workplace
- Commitment to development with internal and external learning and development opportunities
- Free parking (at most locations)
- Interesting, meaningful work that contributes to the big picture....and much more!
About our organization
"Becoming Canada’s most livable community."
Learn more about Strathcona County's vision.
Strathcona County is committed to working collaboratively, efficiently and effectively to provide quality service delivery to citizens, business, and industry alike.
Our values help to form our organizational identity and define our culture.
We demonstrate ethical standards and behaviours
We display honest behaviour at all times
We do what we say we will do
We treat others with care and dignity
We pay attention to each other
We welcome a variety and diversity of ideas
We consistently demonstrate safe work practices
We build an environment of openness and trust
We make it safe for each other to voice opinions or concerns
We consider how our actions might affect others
We treat everyone impartially and equitably
We are willing to share the reasoning behind our thinking and decisions
We support, assist and learn from each other
We give credit to others for their contributions
We compromise when needed to achieve common goals
The People Plan is a common understanding of our ideal workplace, and this plan is the starting point to make that happen. When it comes to workplace culture, it’s not what we do, it’s how we do it. We all have a role to play in making our plan come to life.