Road permits

There are a number of different permits that Transportation and Agriculture Services administers. 

Image of lane closure on arterial road during construction

Applicants must ensure the entire permit is completed in full, otherwise the permit may be rejected.  The applicant must abide by all regulations, restrictions, and conditions of the permit at all times.

  • 1. Access Guidelines

    Are you looking to add a second access to your rural property? Approval must be provided by the County first. Visit our access guidelines page to learn more and start the application process.

  • 2. Block Parties

    Planning a neighbourhood block party where you will block the roadway? You'll need a permit for that. Find more information on the block parties page.

  • 3. Commercial Trucking Permits

    Will your truck load exceed the posted axle weight? Does your load exceed allowable dimensions? Make sure you are prepared and have the right permits

  • 4. Noise Permit

    After hours parking lot sweeping, road construction, snow removal or miscellaneous events all require a noise permit. You may submit an application for a Noise Permit.

  • 5. ROWCAP

    Are you working on County-owned roads? You will need a Right of Way Construction Activity Permit (ROWCAP). Click here to find more information.

  • 6. Road Right-of-Way Sign Installation Guidelines

    Click here to find information on sign installation within the road right-of-way.

  • 7. Special Roadway Event Permit

    Planning an event that will impact a County road (i.e. parade, race, etc.)? You may submit an application for a Special Roadway Event permit here.


Further information:

Related pages

County Connect

Ask it, report it or suggest it using County Connect

Last updated: Friday, August 31, 2018
Page ID: 37463