Outdoor gatherings update
Due to current Alberta Health Services (AHS) guidelines and directives, we are currently not approving social gatherings and will re-visit after May 26, 2021.
Strathcona County is adhering to the current AHS guidelines including gathering restrictions to minimize the risk of transmission of infection among attendees for outdoor events.
Thinking of holding a block party?
Neighbourhood block parties are a great way to meet and develop relationships with your neighbours. Block parties strengthen community spirit, build connections within the community and create brand new friendships. During public consultation for the new Social Framework, 87.5% of respondents believe it is important to experience a sense of belonging and connection to others.
Strathcona County has developed resources to help you plan your neighbourhood block party.
- Organize a neighbourhood block party (611.3 KB)
- Block Party Poster - Printable version (1.5 MB)
- Block Party Invitation - Printable version (1.2 MB)
Need funding to supplement your block party?
Questions about planning or funding a block party?
Family and Community Services
Do I need a permit?
To hold a block party in Strathcona County, you will need to obtain a permit from Transportation and Agriculture Services.
- Download the Block Party Permit - Application
- Email the completed application to TASREC@strathcona.ca
- When submitting your completed application, please acknowledge in your email that you have reviewed the provincial guidelines for outdoor gatherings.
Questions about the block party application?