Learn more about
- Do I require a fire permit? Only open (grass/brush) and incinerator (burn barrel) fires in rural Strathcona County require a fire permit. Ground-thaw burning requires a permit as well.
- Book a fire inspectionfor your business today!
- Can I burn today? Learn more about prohibited burning materials, restricted burning areas, why you wouldn't be able to burn and fire bans.
- Are you interested in having a home safety visit? Community Safety Educators will visit your home and check things such as your smoke detectors and fire pit, discuss safety in the kitchen, home fire escape plans and more.
- Your home may be eligible for reduced fire insurance rates. This fire insurance rate reduction may impact homes that fall within an eight km (by road) of Fire Stations 1, 3 and 5 and within five km (of road) of an approved water supply.
- Do you have a home fire escape plan? Learn more about smoke alarms, fire extinguishers and other fire prevention safety tips.