Set up or move your Strathcona County waste, water and sewer services. Learn how to pay your bill, and how to get your bill electronically.

Access your accounts online

Use Your Accounts online to see your:

  • utility bills
  • account status and balance
  • last payment
  • amount past due
  • status of equalized payment billing plan
  • status of pre-authorized payment plan 

Go to Your Accounts Online

Learn more about Your Accounts online

Set up or move utility services

Strathcona County provides residents with waste, water and sewer (wastewater) services. Other companies provide electricity and natural gas services. Learn more about electricity and natural gas providers and compare rates on the Utilities Consumer Advocate’s Retailers and Distributors page.

Set up waste collection, water and sewer services

You must set up your account at least five business days before the legal possession date. If your home is brand-new, you will also need a water meter and remote installed. We will schedule an appointment for this when you set up your account.

Utility accounts are usually set up in the owner’s name. If you want to set up the account in the renter’s (occupant’s) name, you must complete both of the following forms:

In Sherwood Park or another hamlet Call 780-464-8273 to set up your account.
In rural areas

Call 780-449-5514 to set up your waste collection service.

Call 780-464-8273 to set up a pre-paid truck fill (bulk water station) account.


Move waste collection, water and sewer services

You must let us know about your move at least five business days before the legal possession date.

Moving to or within Sherwood Park Call 780-464-8273 to move your account
Moving in or to rural areas

Call 780-464-8273 to move your account.

Call 780-449-5514 to update or cancel your waste collection service.

Update banking information

When you move within Strathcona County you will get a new account number. Please make sure to update your bank (including online banking) with the new account number.

Equalized payment plan

With an equalized payment plan (or budget billing plan) your utility costs are averaged over 12 months, so you pay an equal amount each month. This means that you always know how much you can expect to pay.

Every September, you either pay an outstanding balance or get a credit on your account, depending on your usage over the year. Your monthly amount is recalculated every October. See current utility rates.

For more information, or to set up an equalized payment plan, call 780-464-8273.

Payment options

Online through your bank

Choose "Strathcona County Utilities" as the payee, then enter the account number on your utility bill.

  • Include the numbers after the decimal but do not include the decimal.
  • If the number is less than 10 digits, add zeros to the front of the number.
    Example: Account # 234567.02 becomes 0023456702

Automatic withdrawal (pre-authorized debit)

Pre-authorized debits automatically withdraw your utility bill payment from your bank account each month.

By mail

Please send your payment to:

Strathcona County
2001 Sherwood Drive
Sherwood Park, AB  T8A 3W7

In person

Location Hours Payment options

County Hall
Utility billing

2001 Sherwood Drive
Sherwood Park

Monday to Friday
8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Cash (exact change)
MasterCard or Visa

North Contact Office

55305 Range Road 214
East of Fort Saskatchewan

**Office is currently closed to the public Cheque

South Contact Office

22142 South Cooking Lake Road
South Cooking Lake

**Office is currently closed to the public Cheque


Sign up for eBill

Get your bill by email, instead of postal mail. Your payment due date will stay the same (20 days from the invoice date on the bill).

To register:

  1.  Email with the subject line “Register for eBill” and the following information from your utility bill:
    • customer name(s)
    • service address
    • account number
    • owner number
    • email address for bill delivery
  2. Add to your safe sender list.
  3. You should get an email confirming your registration within two business days. If you do not get this email, call 780-464-8273.

Depending on when you register, you may still get a paper bill for the month. If this happens, you should get your next bill as an eBill.

If you change your email address, you will have to re-register with the new address.

Didn’t get your eBill?

If you didn’t receive your eBill:

  1. Check your junk mail folder.
  2. Make sure your spam filter is set to recognize as a valid sender.
  3. If neither of the above steps work, call us at 780-464-8273.

Collection and use of personal information

We collect your personal information to manage Strathcona County’s Utility Customer Billing Program. We collect this information under the authority of section 33(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.

If you have questions about how we collect and use this information, contact:

Customer Billing Services

Learn more in our privacy and security statement.

For more information:

Waste collection, recycling: 780-449-5514
Water, wastewater: 780-467-7785
Utility billing: 780-464-8273

Related topics

Last updated: Monday, May 15, 2023
Page ID: 38291