The warm months may be the perfect time to find new or favourite leisure destinations in the County, start that home project or work on the garden. Here are a few things to help you plan.
Strathcona County is an up and coming choice as a tourism destination. From weekend visits to staycations, there’s always something new to discover in the county.
Recreation and events
Things to do Permanent link to things-to-do
Gardening and lawn and tree care Permanent link to gardening-and-lawn-and-tree-care
Caring for your home and property
- If you have a home improvement project, check which permits you need
- Remember your waste collection schedule may include weekly organics collection
- Learn how to reduce the risk of your home flooding during heavy rain or snow melt and consider adopting a storm drain
- Landscape your property to protect you home from wildfires
In case of flooding
When there is an immediate threat of flood to homes, businesses or roadways, residents should contact 780-417-7100. For all other concerns, please submit an inquiry through County Connect:
- Flooding buildings or structures
- Flooding roads, ditches, sidewalks, or approaches
- Pooling trails
- Other drainage, flooding or pooling