A tribute to youth in Strathcona County.
Your play, your connections, your passions, your simple ability to choose – were all taken by COVID. You did your part to keep family and friends safe.
You sanitized, distanced and masked up. You zoomed and googled, packed up and unpacked again, quarantined and tested.
You waited. You watched.
Now it’s time to turn your attention back onto yourselves. Take the time you need to process what has been lost...and create the space to discover what can be found again.
We are so proud of you.
Remember what it felt like to laugh, play and move your bodies?
Here are some ideas to get going again:
- Walk, bike or run one of the many trails
- Practice and show off your skateboarding and bike tricks
- Take the dog to the off-leash area
- Visit a park or playground
- Play some disc golf
- Use a wellness centre at Millennium Place, Glen Allan Recreation Complex or Ardrossan Recreation Complex. Book an activity timeslot through Recreation Online
- Check out FREE summer opportunities
- Take a virtual tour of public art in Strathcona County; check it out in person as well!
- Visit the Gallery@501; admission is FREE
- Register for a youth program using Recreation Online.
If you need more time to process what was lost, or to talk things out: we're here for you.
You are coming out of the other side of a world-wide pandemic. Take your time.
Strathcona County extends its gratitude to the youth who shared their time and talents in the development of this video.