Transit Master Plan 2018 Review starts February 26
Help shape the future of transit in our community!
Take the survey Feb 26 – Mar 25, and join us at one of our interactive open houses March 1 – 7, 2018
More info Transit Master Plan 2018 Review
Strathcona County strives to be a community accessible to all, regardless of any mobility limitations. Mobility Bus is a door-to-door, shared ride, accessible public transit service operated by Strathcona County Transit. It is intended for those persons who, due to a physical or functional limitation, cannot use the fixed-route* service.
Mobility Bus trips must be arranged in advance and are scheduled to allow for as many riders as possible to get to their destinations on time and efficiently.
*Fixed-route refers to regular public transit service provided by Strathcona County including commuter routes, local routes, and Dial-A-Bus service.
For more information on Mobility Bus call 780-449-9680.
To use the Mobility Bus service, each client is required to meet specific eligibility criteria and be 18 years of age and older. Eligibility is limited to persons who can demonstrate that they are not able to use the fixed-route bus service. Eligibility is considered on a case-by-case basis and is not based on a particular disability or income level.
Those wishing to use Mobility Bus must register in advance of booking a trip. Applications forms are available at:
- Bethel Transit Terminal—650 Bethel Drive, Sherwood Park
- Monday to Friday: 7 a.m to 7 p.m.
- Saturday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Online: Mobility Bus application form (271.4 KB)
- By calling 780-449-9680 for a hard copy
Eligibility falls into one of three categories:
- Mobility Bus can only be used for those types of trips where fixed route transit will not work for a rider. (e.g. "in winter only," "in dark conditions only")
- Mobility Bus can only be used for a limited period of time. (e.g. surgery, recovery, visiting)
- No temporary or conditional restrictions.
Customers must pay a fare each time they take a trip with Mobility Bus. We accept tickets or exact cash fare.
- Mandatory attendants travel for free when identified by a health care practitioner and when documented on the application form.
- The Everybody Rides program does not apply to Mobility Bus
Fares are determined by starting and ending destination points:
|Tickets: package of 10 (green)||$45|
Rural Strathcona County to Sherwood Park
|Tickets: package of 10 (yellow)||$65|
Sherwood Park to Edmonton
|Tickets: package of 10 (pink)||
Rural Strathcona County to Edmonton
Where to purchase tickets
Mobility Bus tickets can be purchased at:
Bethel Transit Terminal—650 Bethel Drive, Sherwood Park
Monday to Friday: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Generally, Mobility Bus provides service to the same destinations as the County's fixed-route bus network, while also providing service to additional medical destinations in Edmonton.
1. Within Sherwood Park (Urban Service Area)
Anywhere within the Urban Service Area (Sherwood park; east of Highway 216 and south of Highway 16.) Please note that some neighbourhoods with Sherwood Park mailing addresses are not serviced.
For clarification, please contact the Mobility Bus office at 780-449-9680.
2. Within Edmonton
- Within 400 metres of fixed-route bus stops in the Downtown core and University of Alberta areas
- Capilano Mall and Bonnie Doon Mall
3. Supplemental destinations
- Royal Alexandra Hospital
- Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital
- HYS Medical Centre
- Grey Nuns Hospital
- Cross Cancer Institute
- General Hospital
- Northgate Centre
- Buchanan Centre
- MS Society
- Shopper’s Medical Supply
1. Within Sherwood Park and to Edmonton
Monday to Saturday: 6 a.m. to midnight
Sunday: 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
There is no service on New Year’s Day, Good Friday, Easter Sunday and Christmas Day.
2. Rural service area
Monday to Friday: 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
There is no service on weekends or on holidays.
Through the Mobility Bus program rural residents of Strathcona County receive more transit service than rural residents anywhere else in the greater Edmonton region.
Ask it, report it or suggest it using County Connect