About Mobility Bus
Strathcona County strives to be a community accessible to all, regardless of any mobility limitations. Mobility Bus is a door-to-door, shared ride, accessible public transit service operated by Strathcona County Transit. It is intended for those persons who, due to a physical or functional limitation, cannot use the fixed-route service (regular public transit service provided by Strathcona County) including commuter routes and local routes.
Mobility Bus trips must be arranged in advance and are scheduled to allow for as many riders as possible to get to their destinations on time and efficiently.
For more information on Mobility Bus call 780-449-9680.
Who is eligible
To use the Mobility Bus service, each client is required to meet specific eligibility criteria and be 18 years of age and older. Eligibility is limited to persons who can demonstrate that they are not able to use the fixed-route bus service. Eligibility is considered on a case-by-case basis and is not based on a particular disability or income level.
Those wishing to use Mobility Bus must register in advance of booking a trip. Applications forms are available at:
- Bethel Transit Terminal—650 Bethel Drive, Sherwood Park
- Monday to Friday: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Saturday: 8 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. and 1:15 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Online: Mobility bus application (96.6 KB)
- By calling 780-449-9680 for a hard copy
Eligibility falls into one of three categories:
- Mobility Bus can only be used for those types of trips where fixed route transit will not work for a rider. (e.g. "in winter only," "in dark conditions only")
- Mobility Bus can only be used for a limited period of time. (e.g. surgery, recovery, visiting)
- No temporary or conditional restrictions.
Customers must pay a valid fare each time they take a trip with Mobility Bus. Valid fares can be exact cash, Mobility Bus tickets or Mobility Bus monthly passes.
- Subsidized fares are available for qualifying residents who have limited income. For more information, or to apply, contact Family and Community Services at 780-464-4044.
- Mobility Bus tickets and monthly passes will also be valid for use on conventional transit local and commuter services.
- Mandatory attendants travel for free when identified by a health care practitioner and when documented on the application form.
Fares are determined by starting and ending destination points.
June 2022 monthly passes are available starting Friday, May 20.
Fare media is not being sold by external retailers, please speak with Mobility Bus or visit a Transit terminal to make your purchase.
Mobility Bus fares
Local service - within Sherwood Park
|Adult local tickets (package of 10) (green)||$23.30|
|Senior local tickets (package of 10) (green)||$17.40|
|Adult local monthly pass||$54.25|
|Senior local monthly pass||$16.30|
Commuter service - Sherwood Park to Edmonton
|Adult commuter tickets (package of 10) (pink)||
|Senior commuter tickets (package of 10) (pink)||$34.90|
|Adult commuter monthly pass||$108.50|
|Senior commuter monthly pass||$32.55|
Rural Strathcona County to Sherwood Park
|Rural tickets (package of 10) (yellow)||$65.00|
Rural Strathcona County to Edmonton
Where to purchase
All orders placed through the Mobility Bus office must be paid for over the phone via credit card.
If a client would like to use another form of payment, they may do so in-person at one of the Transit terminals.
Mobility Bus tickets and monthly passes can be purchased at:
Bethel Transit Terminal —650 Bethel Drive, Sherwood Park
Monday to Friday: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. and 1:15 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Ordze Transit Centre - 970 Ordze Road
Ordze Transit Centre customer service is open on the last two
business days of the month and the first business day of the month at the following times:
7 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. and 3 p.m. to 6:15 p.m.
Mobility Bus office - 780-449-9680
Clients can order their tickets or monthly passes at the same time as they book their next trip.
Orders must be paid over the phone using either MasterCard or VISA.
Mobility Bus destinations
Generally, Mobility Bus provides service to the same destinations as the County's fixed-route bus network, while also providing service to additional medical destinations in Edmonton.
Ask a question, provide feedback or report an issue.