About Mobility Bus
Strathcona County strives to be a community accessible to all, regardless of any mobility limitations. Mobility Bus is a door-to-door, shared ride, accessible public transit service operated by Strathcona County Transit. It is intended for those persons who, due to a physical or functional limitation, cannot use the fixed-route service (regular public transit service provided by Strathcona County) including commuter routes and local routes.
Mobility Bus trips must be arranged in advance and are scheduled to allow for as many riders as possible to get to their destinations on time and efficiently.
For more information on Mobility Bus call 780-449-9680. If you get the voicemail, please leave a message. We will return your call before 6 p.m. the same day. If you call after 6 p.m., we will return your call the following day.
To use the Mobility Bus service, each client is required to meet specific eligibility criteria and be 18 years of age and older. Eligibility is limited to persons who can demonstrate that they are not able to use the fixed-route bus service. Eligibility is considered on a case-by-case basis and is not based on a particular disability or income level.
Those wishing to use Mobility Bus must register in advance of booking a trip. Applications forms are available at:
- Bethel Transit Terminal—650 Bethel Drive, Sherwood Park
- Monday to Friday: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Saturday: 8 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. and 1:15 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Online: Mobility bus application (181.8 KB)
- By calling 780-449-9680 for a hard copy
Eligibility falls into one of three categories:
- Mobility Bus can only be used for those types of trips where fixed route transit will not work for a rider. (e.g. "in winter only," "in dark conditions only")
- Mobility Bus can only be used for a limited period of time. (e.g. surgery, recovery, visiting)
- No temporary or conditional restrictions.
Mobility Bus fares
Fares are determined by starting and ending destination points for the trip booked.
- Mobility Bus fares
- Where and when to buy
- Subsidized fares are available for qualifying residents who have limited income. For more information, or to apply, contact Family and Community Services at 780-464-4044.
- Mobility Bus tickets and monthly passes are also valid for use on conventional transit local and commuter services.
- Mandatory attendants travel for free on Mobility Bus when identified by a health care practitioner and when documented on the application form.
Mobility Bus destinations
Generally, Mobility Bus provides service to the same destinations as the County's fixed-route bus network, while also providing service to additional medical destinations in Edmonton.
Within Sherwood Park (Urban Service Area)
Anywhere within the Urban Service Area (Sherwood park; east of Highway 216 and south of Highway 16).
Please note that some neighbourhoods with Sherwood Park mailing addresses are not serviced.
For clarification, please contact the Mobility Bus office at 780-449-9680.
- Within 400 metres of fixed-route bus stops in the Downtown core and University of Alberta areas
- Capilano Mall and Bonnie Doon Mall
- Royal Alexandra Hospital
- Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital
- HYS Medical Centre
- Grey Nuns Hospital
- Cross Cancer Institute
- General Hospital
- The Hip and Knee Clinic at Northgate Centre
- Buchanan Centre
- MS Society
- Motion Specialties
Sherwood Park and Edmonton service area
- Monday to Saturday: 6 a.m. to midnight
- Sunday: 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Rural service area
- Monday to Friday: 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: 9 a.m - 3 p.m.
- Statutory holidays: 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Ask a question, provide feedback or report an issue.