Accessible transit (Mobility Bus)
About Mobility Bus
Strathcona County strives to be a community accessible to all, regardless of any mobility limitations. Mobility Bus is a door-to-door, shared ride, accessible public transit service operated by Strathcona County Transit. It is intended for those persons who, due to a physical or functional limitation, cannot use the fixed-route service (regular public transit service provided by Strathcona County) including commuter routes and local routes.
Mobility Bus trips must be arranged in advance and are scheduled to allow for as many riders as possible to get to their destinations on time and efficiently.
For more information on Mobility Bus call 780-449-9680.
Who is eligible
To use the Mobility Bus service, each client is required to meet specific eligibility criteria and be 18 years of age and older. Eligibility is limited to persons who can demonstrate that they are not able to use the fixed-route bus service. Eligibility is considered on a case-by-case basis and is not based on a particular disability or income level.
Those wishing to use Mobility Bus must register in advance of booking a trip. Applications forms are available at:
- Bethel Transit Terminal—650 Bethel Drive, Sherwood Park
- Monday to Friday: 7 a.m to 7 p.m.
- Saturday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Online: Mobility bus application (96.6 KB)
- By calling 780-449-9680 for a hard copy
Eligibility falls into one of three categories:
- Mobility Bus can only be used for those types of trips where fixed route transit will not work for a rider. (e.g. "in winter only," "in dark conditions only")
- Mobility Bus can only be used for a limited period of time. (e.g. surgery, recovery, visiting)
- No temporary or conditional restrictions.
Customers must pay a valid fare each time they take a trip with Mobility Bus. Valid fares can be exact cash, Mobility Bus tickets or Mobility Bus monthly passes.
- Subsidized fares are available for qualifying residents who have limited income. For more information, or to apply, contact Family and Community Services at 780-464-4044.
- Mobility Bus tickets and monthly passes will also be valid for use on conventional transit local and commuter services.
- Mandatory attendants travel for free when identified by a health care practitioner and when documented on the application form.
Fares are determined by starting and ending destination points.
2019 Fares and bus rates will remain the same as 2018 prices.
April 2019 monthly passes on sale March 22
Mobility Bus fares effective July 1, 2018
Local service - within Sherwood Park
|Adult local tickets (package of 10) (green)||$23.30|
|Senior local tickets (package of 10) (green)||$17.40|
|Adult local monthly pass||$54.25|
|Senior local monthly pass||$16.30|
Commuter service - Sherwood Park to Edmonton
|Adult commuter tickets (package of 10) (pink)||
|Senior commuter tickets (package of 10) (pink)||$34.90|
|Adult commuter monthly pass||$108.50|
|Senior commuter monthly pass||$32.55|
Rural Strathcona County to Sherwood Park
|Rural tickets (package of 10) (yellow)||$65.00|
Rural Strathcona County to Edmonton
Where to purchase
Mobility Bus tickets and monthly passes can be purchased at:
Bethel Transit Terminal—650 Bethel Drive, Sherwood Park
Monday to Friday: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Ordze Transit Centre - 970 Ordze Road
Ordze Transit Centre customer service is open on the last two
business days of the month and the first business day of the month at the following times:
7 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. and 3 p.m. to 6:45 p.m.
Mobility Bus office - 780-449-9680
Clients can now order their tickets or monthly passes at the same time as they book their next trip.
Family and Community Services - Second floor, Community Centre
- Qualified residents can apply for and purchase subsidized monthly passes
- Only subsidized monthly passes and Mobility Bus ticket books are available for purchase
Shoppers Drug Mart - 5-1020 Sherwood Drive north of Wye Road
Mobility Bus destinations
Generally, Mobility Bus provides service to the same destinations as the County's fixed-route bus network, while also providing service to additional medical destinations in Edmonton.
Anywhere within the Urban Service Area (Sherwood park; east of Highway 216 and south of Highway 16.) Please note that some neighbourhoods with Sherwood Park mailing addresses are not serviced.
For clarification, please contact the Mobility Bus office at 780-449-9680.
- Within 400 metres of fixed-route bus stops in the Downtown core and University of Alberta areas
- Capilano Mall and Bonnie Doon Mall
- Royal Alexandra Hospital
- Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital
- HYS Medical Centre
- Grey Nuns Hospital
- Cross Cancer Institute
- General Hospital
- Northgate Centre
- Buchanan Centre
- MS Society
- Shopper’s Medical Supply
Monday to Saturday: 6 a.m. to midnight
Sunday: 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
There is no service on New Year’s Day, Good Friday, Easter Sunday and Christmas Day.
Monday to Friday: 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
There is no service on weekends or on holidays.
Through the Mobility Bus program rural residents of Strathcona County receive more transit service than rural residents anywhere else in the greater Edmonton region.
Ask it, report it or suggest it using County Connect