Well-being and mental health
Family and Community Services - will open at 1 p.m. on Wednesday, December 19!
Family and Community Services, counselling and support services will be available at Millennium Place until December 18. (In front of the soccer fields)
We will resume services at the Community Centre (#200, 501 Festival Avenue) at 1 p.m. on Wednesday, December 19.
Public parking is limited in the area and public transit is recommended if possible. Limited two-hour street parking in designated spaces on Festival Lane, Festival Way and Festival Avenue; and outdoor parking lots near the Community Centre are available at no charge.
MONDAY and FRIDAY
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Please arrive 90 minutes before closing)
TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY and THURSDAY
8:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. (Please arrive 90 minutes before closing)
Family and Community Services will be closed on:
- Monday, December 24, 2018
- Tuesday, December 25, 2018
- Wednesday, December 26, 2018
- Tuesday, January 1, 2019
- Thursday, December 27, 2018
- Friday, December 28, 2018
Call 780-416-6730 for more information.
Sometimes life is complicated...
Need someone to talk to? Family and Community Services is offering professional, confidential, affordable and timely Counselling and Solution Navigation services. No appointment necessary. Visit strathcona.ca/counselling and strathcona.ca/solutions navigation. Phone 780-464-4044 for more information.
What is mental health?
Positive mental health and well-being are a state of being comfortable and healthy, feeling good about who you are, having balance in your life and the ability to cope with life's challenges.
Mental health and personal well-being look different for everyone. Mental health is not the absence of mental illness, and well-being is not the same as happiness.
- Check in on your mental health
- Tips to improve your mental well-being
- Take the Wellness Dimension quiz
What is resilience?
Resilience is a person's ability to cope with and recover from stress and adversity. It is a skill that can be learned and strengthened. Positive experiences and having caring, supportive relationships help us feel safe and build resiliency.
The stronger a person's resiliency, the more successful they become at overcoming life's challenges.
Did you know...?
- Positive mental health is essential to our overall well-being.
- Positive mental health is something we all deserve and need to continually work at.
- We all need a support system to lean on when life gets complicated.
- Building resiliency helps us cope with stress and overcome adversity.