Well-being and mental health
Family and Community Services, counselling and support services is at the Community Centre (Second Floor, East Wing Community Centre, 401 Festival Lane)
To access FCS please use the main entrance at 401 Festival Lane, elevator 1 and 2, and the adjoining staircase.
PLEASE NOTE: Family and Community Services will be closed on;
Feb 17, 2020
April 10 and 13, 2020
Need help now? Crisis support numbers
Mental health is important for everyone. Mental health affects how we feel, think, act and interact with the world around us. We all want to feel safe, seen, understood and connected
Just like our physical health we all can take proactive steps to care for our mental health.
Why is mental health important to you?
Mental health impacts your ability to enjoy life, your self-esteem, how you appreciate the ones around you, how you deal with life challenges (stress, distress) and your connections and sense of belonging with others and your community.
How can you support your mental health?
- Tips to improve your mental well-being
- Read mental health week articles on what mental health really is, and strategies for improving your mental health.
By building upon our strengths and skills within ourselves and creating meaningful connections with others, we build our resiliency. Resiliency is the ability to ‘bounce back’ after we experience hardships or stress.
Resiliency can be built through having supportive people to connect with, healthy relationships, and through self-care such as physical activity, proper sleep, making time for you and eating healthy, well balanced meals.
Did you know...?
- Positive mental health is essential to our overall well-being.
- Positive mental health is something we all deserve and need to continually work at.
- We all need a support system to lean on when life gets complicated.
- Building resiliency helps us cope with stress and overcome adversity.
Family and Community Services
Second floor, East Wing Community Centre
401 Festival Lane
Sherwood Park, AB T8A 5P7