Well-being and mental health
Sometimes life is complicated...
Need someone to talk to? Family and Community Services is offering professional, confidential, affordable and timely Counselling and Solution Navigation services. No appointment necessary. Visit strathcona.ca/counselling and strathcona.ca/solutions navigation. Phone 780-464-4044 for more information.
What is mental health?
Positive mental health and well-being are a state of being comfortable and healthy, feeling good about who you are, having balance in your life and the ability to cope with life's challenges.
Mental health and personal well-being look different for everyone. Mental health is not the absence of mental illness, and well-being is not the same as happiness.
- Check in on your mental health
- Tips to improve your mental well-being
- Take the Wellness Dimension quiz
What is resilience?
Resilience is a person's ability to cope with and recover from stress and adversity. It is a skill that can be learned and strengthened. Positive experiences and having caring, supportive relationships help us feel safe and build resiliency.
The stronger a person's resiliency, the more successful they become at overcoming life's challenges.
Did you know...?
- Positive mental health is essential to our overall well-being.
- Positive mental health is something we all deserve and need to continually work at.
- We all need a support system to lean on when life gets complicated.
- Building resiliency helps us cope with stress and overcome adversity.