Learn how to be prepared in the event of an emergency.
A disaster can strike at any time. Are you prepared to take care of you and your family in case of an emergency? It is recommended to have a family emergency plan, designated meeting place if family members are separated, an emergency kit in your home and car, the ability to take care of yourself and your family for at least 72 hours, and for your family pets.
Do you know:
- you can sign up for a 72 hour presentation?
- what to include in a 72 hour emergency kit and how to become better prepared for 72 hours in 12 small steps?
- that to receive emergency notifications in Strathcona County, you need to sign up to receive Strathcona County Alerts
- how to shelter-in-place?
- how to evacuate?
- about hazards which could impact Albertans?
- take care of your pets during an emergency?
- how to do basic first aid?
Become better prepared for an emergency by downloading a copy of Strathcona County's Emergency Guide.