The Strathcona County community flagpole is designated to fly the County’s flag, or the flag or banner of community groups. The flagpole is located in Volunteer Plaza, across from the Strathcona County Community Centre in Sherwood Park.
Community organizations are invited to apply to have their flag or banner flown on the community flagpole for up to seven days.
Lighting up Festival Place
Community organizations can also apply to have the exterior lights at used to display colours related to their group or event, for up to seven days.
Flag raising or lighting of Festival Place must take place during a community event, or during an event that has a connection to Strathcona County.
Flag and lighting requests are ineligible if they:
- support a political party or a cause associated with a political party
- could be unduly provocative, divisive or disruptive in the County
- promote a commercial, for-profit enterprise, event, activity or business.
How to apply
- Read the Flag and Lighting Protocol (136.5 KB) and determine eligibility.
- Complete the Flag and Lighting Application (171.2 KB) form.
- Submit the completed application, with image of the flag or banner.
Submit your application
Flag and lighting requests may be submitted by email, by mail or dropped off in person. Requests are processed in the order they are received, and are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Mail or drop off
Office of the Chief Commissioner
Community Centre, 3rd floor reception
2001 Sherwood Drive
Sherwood Park, AB T8A 3W7