Highway 824 transfer
Effective January 14, 2019, Strathcona County will take over complete control, operations and maintenance of Highway 824 from Highway 16 to Wye Road. If you have any concerns with the roadway, please contact 780-417-7100.
The Province of Alberta is responsible for maintenance of all highways throughout Strathcona County. Service on these roads is carried out by contractors.
Contractor services include:
- pothole repair
- snow plowing
- dust control
- roadkill pickup
- road signs
- weed control
Here are the highways in Strathcona County and the companies responsible for their maintenance.
Phone: 1-888-877-6237 (1-888-VS-ROADS)
- Sherwood Park Freeway - west of 34 Street to east of Ordze Road, including all on and off ramps
- Provincial Highway 216 (Anthony Henday Drive) from Highway 14 to Manning Freeway, including all on and off ramps
- Provincial Highway 16 from Clover Bar Road to Victoria Trail
EMCON Services Inc.
- Provincial Highway 14 - east of Range Road 231
- Provincial Highway 15
- Provincial Highway 16 - Clover Bar Road interchange (including all on and off ramps) and east
- Provincial Highway 21
- Provincial Highway 38
- Provincial Highway 628 - Highway 216 to Highway 21
- Provincial Highway 629 - Highway 824 to Range Road 213
- Provincial Highway 630 (Wye Road) - east of Highway 21
- Provincial Highway 824 - Highway 630 (Wye Road) to Highway 14
- Provincial Highway 830 - Highway 630 (Wye Road) to Highway 15
- Provincial Highway 830 (Range Road 210) - Highway 15 to Highway 38
- Highway 14 — west of Range Road 231
- Highway 216 (Anthony Henday Drive) - west of Highway 14
Highways road bans
Find information on provincial road bans affecting highways in Strathcona County on the Alberta Transportation website.