Information for businesses regarding COVID-19
Strathcona County recognizes COVID 19 could have a significant impact on our business community. Economic Development and Tourism is providing information on business and economic response recovery tools.
Canada's energy engine
Strathcona County is a leader in industrial development and Canada's largest hydrocarbon refining cluster – working with industry, regional partners and other levels of government to support sustainable economic growth.
Regional labour profile
Report highlights significant workforce advantages for Alberta’s Industrial Heartland energy sector.
Committed to diversification
Investment opportunities with the following:
- Plastics (packaging, construction / building bio-plastics)
- Paints, coatings, solvents (bio-chemicals)
- Fibres (carbon fibre)
- Professional, scientific, technical services (digital oilfield sensors / scanners)
- Logistics (plastic packaging centres)
Involving these petrochemical chains:
- C1 (ammonia, urea, methanol)
- C2 (polyethylene, ethylene glycol, ethylene oxide)
- C3 (polypropylenes, propylene glycol, propylene oxide)
Strathcona County advantages
- Central hub of Alberta’s oil and gas pipeline system
- Availability of pre-zoned and serviced heavy industrial land
- Access to petrochemical feedstock and utilities at low prices
- Globally competitive tax rates
- Salt caverns for commodity storage
- Productive workforce skilled in petrochemicals and related industries
- Availability of federal and provincial incentives and grants
- Pro-business environment with no business license fees or registrations
- Excellent infrastructure: road, rail, air and pipeline access to regional and global markets
- Large scale development of innovative world-class energy related projects in the area
- Considerable use and exchange of energy and products within and between complexes
- Exceptional educational institutions that are deeply integrated with industry
- High quality-of-life that is secure and stable
Past, present and future
For over 70 years, Strathcona County has lead the way in petrochemical relationships and investment. Engage in the story of how it started and see where it will take us.
Industrial site selector
The booklet below provides a high level understanding of the industrial sectors, investment readiness and value propositions in Strathcona County, Alberta, Canada.
To receive a hardcopy, please contact the Strathcona County Economic Development and Tourism department at email@example.com.