Make a difference: serve on a board or committee
Serving on a board or committee is an excellent opportunity to share your skills and expertise and to give back to your community.
Thank you for interest in Strathcona County's boards and committees. The next opportunity to apply for a board or committee will be the fall of 2019. Please check back as postings for various positions will open in mid-August.
Frequently asked questions
1. How are members selected? Permanent link to How are members selected?
The Governance Advisory Committee, which includes several members of Council, is responsible for reviewing all applications and conducting candidate interviews for boards and committees. This Committee makes recommendations to County Council. Council appoints or recommends, as applicable, the most qualified individuals in accordance with the terms of reference of the boards and committees as well as the County’s Boards and Committees bylaw where applicable. All candidates are contacted following the conclusion of the recruitment process.
2. What if I am not the successful applicant? Permanent link to What if I am not the successful applicant?
Strathcona County appreciates the interest of all applicants. If you applied for a position but were not selected for an appointment, please note that all applications received will be kept until the start of the next recruitment period and will be considered throughout the ensuing year if vacancies arise.
3. When are members selected? Permanent link to When are members selected?
The current recruitment period closes on February 22, 2019. Typically, appointments will be made by Council in late March and notification to all applicants will follow immediately thereafter.
4. Who can apply? Permanent link to Who can apply?
In most cases, public members must be residents of Strathcona County unless otherwise stated in the board or committee’s terms of reference. If you are interested in applying, please review the specific board or committee’s mandate, eligibility requirements, and time commitment which can be viewed by selecting the board or committee from the List of Boards and Committees page.
Strathcona County is looking for:
- Individuals with a desire to give back to the community
- Individuals with specific expertise relevant to the qualifications a specific board or committee may be looking for
- Individuals with time available to commit to membership
Contact: Brenda Macdonald