The Broadview Enviroservice Station is your one-stop-eco-friendly shop! Drop off your household hazardous waste, electronics and appliances for proper disposal or recycling. These items are not collected at curbside.
Regular hours of operation
Enviroservice building hours
(electronics, paint, motor oil, hazardous waste etc.)
|Day of the week||Hours of operation|
Monday to Wednesday
10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Friday to Sunday
10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Recycling services hours
(everyday recycling, tire recycling, brush and yard waste)
|Day of the week||Winter hours
|Monday to Wednesday||9 a.m. to 6 p.m.||8 a.m. to 8 p.m.|
|Thursday||9 a.m. to 8 p.m.||8 a.m. to 8 p.m.|
|Friday||9 a.m. to 6 p.m.||8 a.m. to 8 p.m.|
|Saturday and Sunday||9 a.m. to 6 p.m.||8 a.m. to 6 p.m.|
The recycling services remain open during statutory holidays, following the same hours of the day on which the holiday falls, except during Christmas holidays, when it closes.
Note: Hours are subject to change without notice.
Should I bring it to the Enviroservice Station?
The Enviroservice building accepts electronics, paint, motor oil, lightbulbs and hazardous waste.
At the Broadview Recycling station there are:
- Recycling bins
- Brush and yard waste bins
- Free drop off for passenger vehicles and trailers under 8 feet
- Fees apply for oversize loads (see fee section below)
- Tire recycling
- Reusable clothing donation bin
- Shoe recycling
- Empty gift card collection
- Tetra paks
- Styrofoam (large packing material only)
- The HodgePodge Lodge reuse station
If you have extra waste occasionally that will not fit into your black cart, you can take these materials to the Enviroservice Station. A fee will apply. Fees for extra waste:
- $1 per fluorescent tube after ten (the first ten are free)
- $5 per small item (such as lawn chairs, stools, kid's small pool, kitchen sink, garbage bag, etc.)
- $15 per large non-reusable furniture item (such as couches, etc.)
- $18 per mattress or boxspring (all sizes)
- $60 per 1/2 tonne truck load
Beginning April 3, 2023, Broadview Enviroservice station will be implementing fees for users dropping off large loads of brush and yard waste. The new brush and yard waste fees are:
- FREE - Passenger vehicle or Trailer 8' (2.4 m) and under
- $20 - Trailer over 8' (2.4 m) but under 12' (3.6 m)
- $50 - Trailer 12' (3.6 m) and over
- $150 - Monthly Pass
Cash (receipt available upon request), debit, Mastercard, Visa and American Express are all accepted.
Broadview Enviroservice Station received a 2018 Collection Site Award of Excellence from the Alberta Recycling Management Authority. These awards recognize the work of registered electronics, paint and tire collection sites throughout Alberta. Thank you to all our staff for their hard work, and to all our users for helping us conserve resources and reduce the waste sent to landfills.
Thank you for doing your part!
The Broadview Enviroservice Station had another successful year with over 38,500 visits and a large number of items brought in for recycling including:
- Over 8,500 TVs, computers, laptops and printers
- Approximately 100,000 litres of oil
- Approximately 230 totes of paint and aerosols
- Approximately 900 drums of hazardous wastes
- Approximately 13 metric tonnes of household batteries
The Enviroservice station is available for all Strathcona County residents even if you do not subscribe to the Green Routine.