Large item pickup
(for Strathcona County waste collection customers only):
|Regular collection day||Large item collection days: April/May 2020||Large item collection days: October 2020|
|Monday||April 27||October 19|
|Tuesday||April 21||October 13|
|Wednesday||April 29||October 21|
|Thursday||April 23||October 15|
|Friday||May 1||October 23|
Do you have broken furniture or appliances, or any other non-reusable large or heavy-household items?
Residents that subscribe to waste collection services from Strathcona County may leave up to two items at the curbside on large item collection days (check table above for your day) and we will haul them away for you. Please make sure your items are out by 7:30 a.m.
Items may be collected by different trucks.
- Maximum of two items will be collected.
- Houses with back alleys must have large items put out at the front of your property for collection.
- Homes in the rural area will have large items tagged and collected later that day or the next day.
- Put a note on items that are normally found outdoors (basketball and hockey nets, bikes, lawn mowers, wheel barrows, rain barrels etc.) to help identify it as being out for pick up.
- Move outdoor items away from the end of your driveway or property so they are not accidentally taken for collection.
All items must be less than six feet by three feet (1.8 metres x 0.9 metres) and weigh less than 200 lbs. (90 kg).
1. Examples of acceptable items for collectionPermanent link to Examples of acceptable items for collection
- fridges (doors removed)
- washer and dryers
- freezers (doors removed)
- bikes (wheels removed, please put a sign on it)
- barbecues (no tanks)
- lawnmower (all fluids drained)
- rain barrels (please put a sign on it)
- snowblower (all fluids drained)
- lawn furniture (please put a sign on it)
- wheel barrow (please put a sign on it)
Please remove doors and lids to fridges and freezers, and make sure the coolant system is not damaged.
Items with fuel or oil tanks (barbecues, lawn mowers etc.) must have fuel or oil tanks drained. Fuel and fuel tanks can be taken to the Broadview Enviroservice Station.
Different trucks collect different items, and where possible, items are sent to be recycled.
2. Items that are not acceptable for collectionPermanent link to Items that are not acceptable for collection
- stereos (wireless/bluetooth speakers)
- computers (monitors, towers, key boards, speakers, mice)
- desktop printer
- car parts
- assembled swing sets
- items larger than 1.8 metres (six feet) in length
- items weighing more than 200 lbs.
Various electronics not collected may be e-cycled.
Remember during large item weeks to keep items that are not to be collected (basketball nets, bikes, wheel barrows etc.) away from the end of your driveway so they are not accidentally picked up.
For various items not collected, they may be accepted at:
- One of the Eco Stations located in Edmonton,
- Edmonton Waste Management Centre, located at 250 Aurum Road, Edmonton
Do you have unwanted household items that are reusable?
Check out your options for disposing of unwanted reusable items