Waste collection schedules and maps
Recycling changes in effect
As of September 10, only blue bags with correctly sorted items will be picked up.
If your blue bag isn’t picked up, don’t worry! Look for the sticker – it will note what needs to be removed or changed. Once you’ve done so, your bag can go out for collection the following week.
Waste sorting changes came into effect on June 6. Thank you for working with us over the past few months.
We understand that change takes time. Learn more about the recycling changes and Green Routine 2.0.
Never forget collection day again!
We have several ways for you to get your waste collection calendar.
- In the mail. Calendars are delivered by Canada Post in early March (if you do not accept "unaddressed admail" from Canada Post, you will not receive a calendar in the mail).
- Create a reminder using our calendar widget
- View it online
- App for iPhone and Android
- Fridge Friendly calendar - search for your address in the calendar widget below and then choose "get calendar"
- Pick one up at one of our County facilities
- Want to learn more about what goes where? Try our waste sorting game.
Monday to Friday
8:30 a.m. to 12 noon, 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Collection is on a fixed-day schedule. If your collection day is Tuesday, it will always be Tuesday. Waste will be collected between 7:30 a.m. and 9 p.m. If your collection was missed, call Utilities the next business day between 8:30 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. Times of pickup may vary from week to week.
Collection and use of personal information
This personal information is being collected in accordance with the Municipal Government Act, Section 3 and the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, Section 33. It will be used for the sole purpose of providing waste collection reminders and related notifications. Privacy and Security Statement. Strathcona County uses Vancouver-based ReCollect (ReCollect Systems Inc.)
March 2017 to March 2018 calendar
Want to print off a full version of the calendar?
The calendar (9.5 MB) will open and there will be a print option in the menu. However, we encourage residents to pick up a calendar or we will mail one to you. Our printed version uses one of the most environmentally friendly papers available, plus it uses less paper compared to printing the full version off the website.
Printed copies of the calendar will be available near the end of March to pickup at:
- Broadview Enviroservice Station, 101 Broadview Road, Sherwood Park
- County Hall, 2001 Sherwood Drive, Sherwood Park
- Ardrossan Recreation Complex, 80-1 Avenue, Ardrossan
- Heartland Hall, 55305 Range Road 214
- Millennium Place, 2000 Premier Way, Sherwood Park
- Strathcona Public Services Yard, 370 Streambank Ave., Sherwood Park
- Strathcona Wilderness Centre, 52535 Range Road 212
If you would like one mailed to you, contact Utilities at 780-449-5514.
One page calendars
To get a fridge-friendly calendar, type your address in the Collection Schedules finder above. Click on "get a calendar" and follow the prompts to print your one-page calendar.
On your collection day
- Put out your waste or organics cart and recycling for collection by 7:30 a.m. Daily collection times may vary from week to week.
- Make sure your cart lid is completely closed. Overfilled carts will not get collected.
- Leave one metre clearance on all sides around your cart (including the top)
- Make sure access to roll-out carts is clear
- Recycling may be picked up at a different time than waste or organics
- Make sure your carts weigh less than 200 lbs otherwise they may not be able to be picked up and emptied
New or moving customers
Residents living in Sherwood Park or in rural hamlets are automatically set up to receive weekly collection service. Call customer billing at 780-464-8273 to create, cancel or update your account.
Rural residents must call Utilities at 780-449-5514 to subscribe to weekly waste collection and set up an account or to cancel or update your subscription.
Thank you for your cooperation!