Waste collection schedules and maps
Paper bags for extra yard waste
Extra yard waste collection is May 4 to 9 and June 1 to 5 on your regular collection day. Extra yard waste must be placed in paper yard waste bags or reusable containers for collection. Clear plastic bags will no longer be accepted.strathcona.ca/yardwaste
Never forget collection day again!
We have several ways for you to get your waste collection calendar.
- In the mail. Calendars are delivered by Canada Post in late February to early March (if you do not accept "unaddressed admail" from Canada Post, you will not receive a calendar in the mail).
- Create a reminder using our calendar widget
- View it online
- App for iPhone and Android
- Fridge Friendly calendar - search for your address in the calendar widget below and then choose "get calendar"
- Pick one up at one of our County facilities
- Unsure what goes where? Try our waste sorting game.
Monday to Friday
8:30 a.m. to 12 noon, 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Collection is on a fixed-day schedule. If your collection day is Tuesday, it will always be Tuesday. Waste will be collected between 7:30 a.m. and 9 p.m. If your collection was missed, call Utilities the next business day between 8:30 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. Times of pickup may vary from week to week.
Collection and use of personal information
This personal information is being collected in accordance with the Municipal Government Act, Section 3 and the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, Section 33. It will be used for the sole purpose of providing waste collection reminders and related notifications. Privacy and Security Statement. Strathcona County uses Vancouver-based ReCollect (ReCollect Systems Inc.)
March 2020 to March 2021 calendar
Want to print off a full version of the calendar?
Click on the 2020 Waste Collection Calendar (9.0 MB) file to open it and there will be a print option in the menu. However, we encourage residents to pick up a calendar or we will mail one to you. Our printed version uses one of the most environmentally friendly papers available, plus it uses less paper compared to printing the full version off the website.
Printed copies of the calendar will be available near the end of March to pickup at:
- Broadview Enviroservice Station, 101 Broadview Road, Sherwood Park
- County Hall/Community Centre, 2001 Sherwood Drive, Sherwood Park
- Millennium Place, 2000 Premier Way, Sherwood Park
- Glen Allen Recreation Complex, 199 Georgian Way, Sherwood Park
- Ardrossan Recreation Complex, 80-1 Avenue, Ardrossan
- Heartland Hall, 55305 Range Road 214
- South Contact Centre, 22142 South Cooking Lake Road, South Cooking Lake
- Recreation Parks and Culture – Administrative Office, 2025 Oak Street, Sherwood Park
- Kinsmen Leisure Centre, 2001 Oak St, Sherwood Park
- Emerald Hills Leisure Centre, 3555 Emerald Dr, Sherwood Park
- Strathcona Public Services Yard, 370 Streambank Ave., Sherwood Park
- Strathcona Wilderness Centre, 52535 Range Road 212
Calendars are available on a first-come, first-served basis, you may want to call ahead to confirm availability. If you would like one mailed to you, contact Utilities at 780-449-5514.
One page calendars
To get a fridge-friendly calendar, type your address in the Collection Schedules finder above. Click on "get a calendar" and follow the prompts to print your one-page calendar.
On your collection day
- Put out your waste or organics cart and recycling for collection by 7:30 a.m. Daily collection times may vary from week to week.
- Make sure your cart lid is completely closed. Overfilled carts will not get collected.
- Leave one metre clearance on all sides around your cart (including the top)
- Make sure access to roll-out carts is clear
- Recycling may be picked up at a different time than waste or organics
- Make sure your carts weigh less than 200 lbs otherwise they may not be able to be picked up and emptied
New or moving customers
Residents living in Sherwood Park or in rural hamlets are automatically set up to receive weekly collection service. Call customer billing at 780-464-8273 to create, cancel or update your account.
Rural residents must call Utilities at 780-449-5514 to subscribe to weekly waste collection and set up an account or to cancel or update your subscription.
Thank you for your cooperation!