Treecycle your Christmas tree!
Christmas trees are more than just a pretty face! Did you know that once the twinkle lights and ornaments are taken off Christmas trees, they still have an important role to play? Trees collected will be shredded into woodchips and composted.
From January 3 to 7 and from January 10 to 14, 2022, residents who receive collection services from Strathcona County can put out their Christmas tree for collection. Please remember to:
- cut your tree into four-foot sections
- remove any plastic bags used to transport the tree
- remove all tinsel, decoration and lights
- take the tree out of the tree stand
- have your tree out for collection by 7:30 a.m. on your collection day
Not a Green Routine customer or don't want to wait for pickup?
Bring your Christmas tree to Broadview Enviroservice Station for free. Place trees in the yard waste bunkers and it will be chipped and recycled.