Main phone: 780-449-0153
Strathcona County Victim Services is accepting Volunteer Advocate applications. Please contact Victim Services at 780-449-0153. View the news release here.
Description: Victim Services Volunteer Advocate
Work together with the RCMP to provide immediate assistance, support, information and agency referral to victims of crime and trauma in Strathcona County and provide support to victims through the criminal justice system
- Explore new career options and network.
- Improve the quality of life in Strathcona County.
- Receive professional experience and training.
- Acquire new skills to enhance marketability.
- Contribute to a cause that's important.
- Be creative, solve problems, and perform challenging work.
- Develop and grow personally.
- Interest in helping others in your community
- Strathcona County resident
- Strong communication skills
- Willingness to learn
- Contribute positively to a team environment
- Respect for confidentiality
- Good driving record
- Ability to volunteer 3-5 hours a week.
- Enhanced Criminal Record Check & Child Welfare Check
- Valid Driver's License, use of own vehicle
- 18 years +
- Be Canadian or permanent resident
To find out how you can become a volunteer advocate with Strathcona County Victim Services contact Victim Services at 780-449-0153.