Become a Volunteer Advocate with Victim Services
Main phone: 780-449-0153
Jessica Hippe: 780-410-4300
Thank you for all of your interest!
Strathcona County Victim Services will not be accepting Volunteer Advocate applications until early 2020.
Victim Services Volunteer Advocate
Work in conjunction with the RCMP to provide immediate assistance, support, information and agency referral to victims of crime and trauma in Strathcona County and provide support to victims through the criminal justice system
- Explore new career options and network.
- Improve the quality of life in Strathcona County.
- Receive professional experience and training.
- Acquire new skills to enhance marketability.
- Contribute to a cause that's important.
- Be creative, solve problems, and perform challenging work.
- Develop and grow personally.
- Interest in helping others in your community
- Strathcona County resident
- Strong communication skills
- Willingness to learn
- Contribute positively to a team environment
- Respect for confidentiality
- Good driving record
- Ability to volunteer 3-5 hours a week.
- Criminal Record Check & Child Welfare Check
- Valid Driver's License, use of own vehicle
- 18 years +
To find out how you can become a volunteer advocate with Strathcona County Victim Services contact: Jessica Hippe at 780-410-4300.