Family and Community Services
200, 501 Festival Avenue
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Monday through Thursday
8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
About Family and Community Services
Family and Community Services is a partnership between the Alberta Government and Strathcona County. Our goal is to help build a safe, supported, and connected community that encourages the well-being of children, youth, adults, older adults and families.
We believe that self-help contributes to a sense of integrity, self-worth and independence. Our programs are intended to help individuals adopt healthy lifestyles, thereby improving their quality of life and strengthening their ability to prevent and/or deal with crisis situations should they arise.
We provided a range of supportive programs and services for residents of Strathcona County. We are continually seeking opportunities and partnerships to work together to meet the existing and emerging needs in our community.
Family and Community Services renewed its social direction in 2017. Over 8,000 local voices helped set the direction for meeting the varying social needs of Strathcona county. These conversations allowed for a better understanding of our community's social priorities and experiences, and lead to the development of a community-authored Social Framework.
The renewed Social Framework presents an intentional shift on how we collectively work together on what matters most to our community:
- Access to programs and services
- Overall feelings of connectedness and inclusion
For more information about the Social Framework:
- Community Talk: I'm In
- The public engagement process we followed to gather over 8,000 residents input on what matters most to them.
- What We Heard
- The summary of outcomes from the public engagement process
- The Social Framwork Steering committee
- The community lead committee tasked to help co-develop a framework based on the outcomes
- The Social Framework
- Social Framework policy launched in summer of 2017.
Business plan progress reports: