Policing and enforcement
RCMP and Enforcement Services - hours and operations
Hours of operation effective July 9
RCMP and Enforcement Services Detachment will be resuming regular operations and hours on July 9th.
- Weekdays 7:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Saturdays 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. effective July 18.
New! Citizens can now report select crimes online. All reports will be followed up with a phone call by a police officer within five (5) business days. Criteria for the incident to be reported online is available on the Alberta RCMP Online Crime Report page.
- If you need officer assistance and believe you may be ill, please advise during the phone conversation so our officers can be prepared ahead of time.
- Employees may wear extra personal protection like a face mask.
- Apply for an alarm permit online via ePermits or visit the RCMP detachment.
- Dog license renewals under the Responsible Dog Ownership Bylaw will be extended to July 31, 2020. New licenses can be obtained by visiting the RCMP detachment.
- Vehicle for Hire permits and licenses will be extended to July 31, 2020. Appointments for Vehicle Inspections must be booked by calling 780-410-4399.
- Payment of County tags issued by Enforcement Services will be accepted at the RCMP detachment.
We’re working hard to provide a climate of safety for our residents and businesses to flourish. Find out about Emergency Services, RCMP and Enforcement Services. Our teams work closely with the community to prepare and respond to emergencies, educate and enforce bylaws – including safe driving practices, responsible dog ownership and a Fire Smart community.
If you notice suspicious activity, please speak up. Call the 24 hour complaint line to report your concern.
24 hour complaint line: 780-467-7741
911 Bison Way
Sherwood Park, Alberta T8H 1S9
Popular pages Permanent link to popular-pages
Hours of operation:
RCMP and Enforcement Services related information and requests are now available as a single point of service at the front counter.
Outside of listed hours, the public can access help using the after-hours public phone inside the front door of the detachment.
- Main Reception - Front Desk hours of operation are as follows:
Monday to Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
(Closed weekends and statutory holidays)
- Criminal records/Security Clearance Services
Monday to Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Fingerprint Services
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Notice: Strathcona County RCMP & Enforcement Services will no longer provide Criminal Record/Security Clearance Checks and Fingerprint Services for residents of the City of Edmonton. We will continue to provide these services to all residents of RCMP jurisdictions, along with fingerprint services for federal agency requests to all residents, regardless of where they reside.
New residents to Strathcona County: If your government ID does not reflect your new Strathcona County address, another document must be provided at time of application confirming the address. I.E. bank statement, utility bill.