Policing and enforcement
COVID-19 – New public health order restrictions effective December 13, 2020
In compliance with the new public health order, Strathcona County RCMP & Enforcement Services will be modifying Front Counter services as follows:
- If your matter is emergent, please access the phone in the lobby where you will speak directly with a police dispatcher (24 hours).
- Front counter wickets will now be limited to ONE client per wicket.
- A maximum of FIVE people are permitted in the lobby at one time.
- If there are more than five people waiting for service, clients will be requested to wait outside in their vehicles until they are advised by staff to enter the lobby.
- Criminal record and vulnerable sector checks will be limited to essential needs.
- Civil fingerprinting will be limited to essential needs.
RCMP and Enforcement Services - community conversations
If you missed the online community information sessions on November 25 and 26, you can view the powerpoint presentation below.
View the Powerpoint presentation
We’re working hard to provide a climate of safety for our residents and businesses to flourish. Find out about Emergency Services, RCMP and Enforcement Services. Our teams work closely with the community to prepare and respond to emergencies, educate and enforce bylaws – including safe driving practices, responsible dog ownership and a Fire Smart community.
If you notice suspicious activity, please speak up. Call the 24 hour complaint line to report your concern.
24 hour complaint line: 780-467-7741
911 Bison Way
Sherwood Park, Alberta T8H 1S9
Services you can access online
New! Citizens can now report select crimes online. All reports will be followed up with a phone call by a police officer within five (5) business days. Criteria for the incident to be reported online is available on the Alberta RCMP Online Crime Report page.
- Apply for an alarm permit online via ePermits or visit the RCMP detachment.
- Dog license renewals can be paid via online or telephone banking. New licenses can be obtained by visiting the RCMP detachment.
- Vehicle for Hire permits and licenses. Call 780-410-4399 for information.
- New dog licences
- Payment of County tags issued by Enforcement Services will be accepted at the RCMP detachment.
Hours of operation:
RCMP and Enforcement Services related information and requests are now available as a single point of service at the front counter.
Outside of listed hours, the public can access help using the after-hours public phone inside the front door of the detachment.
- Main Reception - Front Desk hours of operation are as follows:
Monday to Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
(Closed weekends and statutory holidays)
- Criminal records/Security Clearance Services
Monday to Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Fingerprint Services
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Notice: Strathcona County RCMP & Enforcement Services will no longer provide Criminal Record/Security Clearance Checks and Fingerprint Services for residents of the City of Edmonton. We will continue to provide these services to all residents of RCMP jurisdictions, along with fingerprint services for federal agency requests to all residents, regardless of where they reside.
New residents to Strathcona County: If your government ID does not reflect your new Strathcona County address, another document must be provided at time of application confirming the address. I.E. bank statement, utility bill.
Health safety procedures
- If you need officer assistance at your home and believe you may be ill, please advise during the phone conversation so our officers can be prepared ahead of time.
- Employees may wear extra personal protection.