Cross-country skiing and snowshoeing
Please note that cross-country ski and snowshoe trails are closed at the Strathcona Wilderness Centre and The Broadmoor on Monday, January 17 due to freezing rain conditions.
Trails are set to reopen at the Wilderness Centre on Tuesday, January 18 at 12 p.m., while The Broadmoor is assessing conditions to determine an opening date.
Cross-country ski bulletin
Read our latest cross-country ski bulletin to get up-to-date trail conditions and news from the Strathcona Wilderness Centre.
Cross-country skiing at the Strathcona Wilderness Centre
- View live trail conditions and the latest cross-country ski bulletin
- Explore world class groomed trails for classic and skate skiing.
- Rent classic touring and skin skis, and skate skis
- Try out sit-skis and lessons for Para-Nordic skiers.
- Register for private or group lessons for beginners to advanced skiers, children and adults.
- Rent snowshoes for children and adults.
- Sign up for group and school lessons.
- Explore snowshoe and multipurpose trails.
View the abundant wildlife
- Enjoy spotting birds, moose and deer.
- Leave your pets at home!
Cross-country skiing at The Broadmoor
Enjoy Cross-country skiing at the Broadmoor! Classic and skate ski tracks are groomed Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays each week, weather conditions permitting. Walking, tobogganing and snowshoeing are also available on the golf course.