Cross-country skiing and snowshoeing
Strathcona Wilderness Centre updates
SWC is open from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. daily.
Our Disc Golf Course has been removed for trail construction as of September 14, 2021
- Leave your pet at home, dogs are not permitted at the Strathcona Wilderness Centre. Thank you for your cooperation. Check out the Dog off-leash areas in Strathcona County.
- Bicycles, including fat bikes, are not permitted at the Strathcona Wilderness Centre
- Follow all provincial guidelines to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Gathering in the parking lot is not permitted
- Stay home if you are sick or displaying any symptoms of COVID-19
Cross-country skiing at The Broadmoor
Cross-country skiing at The Broadmoor is currently closed for the season.
Cross-country skiing and snowshoeing: Know Before You Go
Go cross-country skiing and snowshoeing at the Strathcona Wilderness Centre!
Equipment rentals are now closed and will reopen in fall 2021.
Cross-country skiing features
- Explore world class groomed trails for classic and skate skiing.
- Rent classic touring and skin skis, and skate skis
- Try out sit-skis and lessons for Para-Nordic skiers.
- Sign up for group or private lessons for beginners to advanced skiers, children and adults.
- Rent snowshoes for children and adults.
- Sign up for group and school lessons.
- Explore snowshoe and multipurpose trails.
View the abundant wildlife
- Enjoy spotting birds, moose and deer.
- Leave your pets at home!