Cross-country skiing and snowshoeing
Read about current Cross-country ski conditions
The e-newsletter is updated every Friday afternoon during the cross-country ski season.
Go cross-country skiing and snowshoeing at the Strathcona Wilderness Centre!
Child (2Y-12Y) – $2.50
Youth (under 18Y) – $3.00
Adult – $6.50
Family – $13.30
Senior – $4.25
Child (2-12 yr) – $20.00
Youth (under 18) – $24.00
Adult – $51.60
Family – $106.45
Senior – $33.25
Child (2Y-12Y) – $10.00
Youth (under 18Y) – $12.00
Adult – $25.75
Family – $53.25
Senior – $16.60
Child & Youth ski package (waxless) – $12.50
Adult ski package (waxless) – $15.50
Performance skate ski package (skis, boots and poles) – $19.25
All terrain snowshoes – $8.30
Preschool skis – $3.50
Baby glider (ski pulk) – $3.50
The above rentals are based on:
- First come, first served – no reservations
- Complete packages and partial sets available
- Rentals for use only within the park
- Ski equipment rental rate is for up to 3 hours
- Baby glider and preschool skis rental rate for up to 2 hours
- Rentals available up to 2 hours before closing
- Skis must be returned 1 hour before closing
- Photo ID required to rent equipment
* all prices include GST.
- accessible parking stalls (Lodge at north entrance and Information Centre-1 designated)
- Lodge is accessible through exterior sidewalk and ramps
- Information Centre: accessible entrances
- accessible toilets
- equipment: sit-skis available on prior booking
- cross country ski trails
- all green trails are acceptable for sit-skiers
- lower multi-purpose trail is appropriate for beginner / low level skiers
Cross-country skiing features
- Explore world class groomed trails for classic and skate skiing.
- Rent classic and skate skis.
- Try out sit-skis and lessons for paranordic skiers.
- Sign up for group or private lessons for beginners to advanced skiers, children and adults.
- Warm-up indoors in the skiers lounge.
- Rent snowshoes for children and adults.
- Sign up for group and school lessons.
- Explore snowshoe and multipurpose trails.
Stay a while
- Stay for the day or the weekend in our lodge with commercial kitchen.
- Bundle up and ski or snowshoe to the tent-sites.
- Cook meals on the wood cook stove in the cookhouse.
- Bring the family, sports team, church or school group.
View the abundant wildlife
- Enjoy spotting birds, moose and deer.
- Leave your pets at home!