Cross-country skiing and snowshoeing
Cross country skiing at The Broadmoor
Broadmoor updates including trail conditions, or phone 780-467-2211.
Strathcona Wilderness Centre updates
New extended hours! SWC is open from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily.
Our Disc Golf Course is open for the 2021 season! Drop by and play anytime during park hours; discs available for rent from the Information Center.
- Leave your pet at home, dogs are not permitted at the Strathcona Wilderness Centre. Thank you for your cooperation.
Check out the Dog off-leash areas in Strathcona County.
- Bicycles, including fat bikes, are not permitted at the Strathcona Wilderness Centre
- Follow all provincial guidelines to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Gathering in the parking lot is not permitted.
- Maintain a physical distance of 2 metres (6 feet) from anyone outside of your household, at all times. This includes inside of the ski rental room.
- Masks or face coverings are required for individuals 2 years of age and older when inside all Strathcona County indoor facilities.
- Stay home if you are sick or displaying any symptoms of COVID-19
- Learn more about how to stay safe and prevent the spread of Covid-19 when outdoors.
Cross-country skiing and snowshoeing: Know Before You Go
Go cross-country skiing and snowshoeing at the Strathcona Wilderness Centre!
Equipment rentals are now available for the 2020 / 2021 season.
Cross-country skiing features
- Explore world class groomed trails for classic and skate skiing.
- Rent classic touring and skin skis, and skate skis
- Try out sit-skis and lessons for Para-Nordic skiers.
- Sign up for group or private lessons for beginners to advanced skiers, children and adults.
- Rent snowshoes for children and adults.
- Sign up for group and school lessons.
- Explore snowshoe and multipurpose trails.
View the abundant wildlife
- Enjoy spotting birds, moose and deer.
- Leave your pets at home!