- Regular operating hours are daily from 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Cross country ski and snowshoe equipment rentals are open at 9 a.m. daily.
- Rentals are for a 3-hour period, and need to be returned by 4 p.m.
- Cross country ski equipment includes classic, skate, skin skis and sit-skis.
- Classic skiers can ski on all land and lake trails. Tracks have been set on the lake.
- All trails were groomed on Feb. 28
- Lake trail was groomed Feb. 28.
- Skate lane in good condition
- Classic tracks will be set.
- All ski trails on land were groomed on Feb. 28.
- Skate lanes on all trails are in good condition.
- Classic tracks are in good condition on Fox, Owl, Wagon and Moose
- Grooming and track setting continues on Feb. 29
- Snowshoe and multi-purpose trails and the lakeshore are open for snowshoeing.
- Looking for walking trails?
- At SWC you can walk on multi-purpose and snowshoe trails. Please leave your pets at home.
- Walkers and dogs on leash are welcomed to enjoy these natural area trails:
- Beaver Hills Biodiversity Trail on Range Road 211 has a beautiful trail with views of the moraine.
- Explore the top of the North Saskatchewan River Valley at the Riverside Nature Trail.
- Explore the Old Edmonton Trail and a 3 km walking trail at the Sherwood Park Natural Area.
- Enjoy walking the Broadmoor paved and gravel trails.
- Looking for winter cycling trails? Explore more than 80 km of bike trails at the Cooking Lake Blackfoot provincial recreation area. Drive south on Range Road 195 off Hwy 16 to the Blackfoot Lake staging area.
- There's still time to register for a winter program, including private ski lessons!
- World class groomed trails, equipment rentals and lessons (SWC only).
- Strathcona County gift cards are available and can be used to purchase 2023-2024 season passes and programs.
- Live trail conditions webcam
- Subscribe to the ski bulletin for updates throughout the ski season including information on trail opening and conditions.
- Trail fees are in effect. Come to the Info Centre to purchase a day pass. Or purchase a season pass on RecOnline or choose an Active Pass.
Cross-country ski bulletin
Read the latest cross-country ski bulletin for updates on trail conditions and news from the Strathcona Wilderness Centre and The Broadmoor. For trail condition updates throughout the week, please check the Nordic Pulse grooming report.
Strathcona Wilderness Centre 780-922-3939
The Broadmoor 780-467-2211