What a wonderful winter family activity! When winter shows up, check out these great hills to take a ride down. Have fun, keep warm and stay safe!
The following toboggan hills are OPEN:
- Cottonwood Park, Cottonwood Avenue south of Pine Street
- Clarkdale Lake, Clarkdale Drive west of Orchid Crescent
- Estates of Sherwood Park, North of Estates Drive
- Florian Park on Regency Drive
- Greengrove Park, 199 Georgian Way north of Glen Allan Recreation Complex
- McGhan Park
- Strathcona Athletic Park, 1100 Clover Bar Road (access off Clover Bar Road)
- Broadmoor Public Golf Course, 2100 Oak Street
Toboggan hills near ponds
Hills by lakes will only be maintained if it is safe.
Please obey "Unsafe Ice" signs and stay safe.
The following toboggan hills are CLOSED due to the warm weather:
- Broadmoor Lake Park, 2025 Oak Street north of Recreation, Parks and Culture office
- Woodbridge Lake Park, Woodbridge Way north of Parker Drive (south of Woodbridge Lake)
Sledding safety tips
- For your safety, please do not toboggan in off-leash dog parks or areas.
- Sled on designated hills
- Stay away from roads, rivers, railways and parking lots
- Wear a helmet to reduce the risk of head injury
- Prevent strangulation by wearing neck warmers instead of scarves and avoiding outer clothing with drawstrings
- Only sled in the daylight or on well lit hills
- Go down the hill sitting up or kneeling on the sled. Never slide down headfirst or standing up
- Be sure your path is clear of obstacles and people all the way down the hill.
- Stay in control of your sled. Avoid inner tubes and snow discs that are difficult to control
- If you fall off or stop unexpectedly, quickly move out of the way of other sledders.
- Walk back up the side of the hill, away from other sledders
In an emergency, call 9-1-1.
Ask a question, provide feedback or report an issue.