Broadmoor Lake and Woodbridge Lake hills closed
March 14, 2019
Broadmoor Lake and Woodbridge Lake toboggan hills are CLOSED for the season.
What a wonderful winter family activity! When winter shows up, check out these great hills to take a ride down. Have fun, keep warm and stay safe! Enjoy safe sledding
- Cottonwood Park, Cottonwood Avenue south of Pine Street
- Clarkdale Lake, Clarkdale Drive west of Orchid Crescent
- Estates of Sherwood Park, North of Estates Drive
- Florian Park on Regency Drive
- Greengrove Park, 199 Georgian Way north of Glen Allan Recreation Complex
- McGhan Park
- Strathcona Athletic Park, 1100 Clover Bar Road (access off Clover Bar Road)
- Broadmoor Public Golf Course, 2100 Oak Street
Toboggan hills near ponds
Hills by lakes will only be maintained if it is safe.
Please obey Unsafe Ice signs and stay safe.
- Broadmoor Lake Park, 2025 Oak Street north of Recreation, Parks and Culture office
- Woodbridge Lake Park, Woodbridge Way north of Parker Drive (south of Woodbridge Lake)
Sledding safety tips
- Sled on designated hills
- Stay away from roads, rivers, railways and parking lots
- Wear a helmet to reduce the risk of head injury
- Prevent strangulation by wearing neck warmers instead of scarves and avoiding outer clothing with drawstrings
- Only sled in the daylight or on well lit hills
- Go down the hill sitting up or kneeling on the sled. Never slide down headfirst or standing up
- Be sure your path is clear of obstacles and people all the way down the hill.
- Stay in control of your sled. Avoid inner tubes and snow discs that are difficult to control
- If you fall off or stop unexpectedly, quickly move out of the way of other sledders.
- Walk back up the side of the hill, away from other sledders
In an emergency, call 9-1-1.
Ask it, report it or suggest it using County Connect