Recreation, Parks and Culture
Recreation, Parks and Culture Notice
Visit strathcona.ca/reopening for the most up to date list of facility re-opening dates and closures related to COVID-19.
Open Monday to Friday
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
2025 Oak Street (Vic Bidzinski Way), Sherwood Park, Alberta T8A 0W9 Canada
Please note that the Recreation Administration Office is currently closed to the public. Please call 780-467-2211 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
2001 Sherwood Drive Sherwood Park, Alberta
To generate opportunities for the benefit of Strathcona County residents that enable the pursuit of healthy lifestyle choices.
- Provide a range of recreational program opportunities that encourage physical activity, personal growth, skill development, social inclusion and mental well-being. Public art is an integral component in Strathcona County's pursuit of a vibrant, livable and healthy place in which to live, work and visit.
- Provide people of all ages with safe, affordable and accessible indoor recreation opportunities at a number of rural and urban facilities to build a healthy, active community.
- Maintain and operate a diverse range of safe, accessible and well-maintained parks, fields, playgrounds, urban forests and open spaces.
- Collaborate with community partners and structured community groups to promote the spirit of recreation throughout the community, build effective partnerships, trustworthy relationships and create social inclusion throughout the County.
- Provide a range of community, recreation and international, national and provincial sport tourism events.
Current business plan
2019-2022 Recreation, Parks and Culture business plan (344.9 KB)
2015-2018 Business plan and progress report:
2015-2018 Recreation, Parks and Culture business plan (102.6 KB)