Open Monday to Friday
8:30 a.m. - 12 p.m., 1 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
2025 Oak Street (Vic Bidzinski Way), Sherwood Park, Alberta T8A 0W9 Canada
2001 Sherwood Drive Sherwood Park, Alberta
To generate opportunities for the benefit of Strathcona County residents that enable the pursuit of healthy lifestyle choices.
- Provide a range of recreational program opportunities that encourage physical activity, personal growth, skill development, social inclusion and mental well-being. Public art is an integral component in Strathcona County's pursuit of a vibrant, livable and healthy place in which to live, work and visit.
- Provide people of all ages with safe, affordable and accessible indoor recreation opportunities at a number of rural and urban facilities to build a healthy, active community.
- Maintain and operate a diverse range of safe, accessible and well-maintained parks, fields, playgrounds, urban forests and open spaces.
- Collaborate with community partners and structured community groups to promote the spirit of recreation throughout the community, build effective partnerships, trustworthy relationships and create social inclusion throughout the County.
- Provide a range of community, recreation and international, national and provincial sport tourism events.
Strathcona County’s corporate business plan connects the dots between strategic goals and results articulated in the strategic plan, and the short- to medium-term operational goals and priorities, as described in department business plans.