Recreation, Parks and Culture
Apply for the Advisory Committee
Strathcona County is looking for five to eight residents to be part of the Building Community: A strategy for recreation, parks and culture services in Strathcona County Advisory Committee. Applications will be accepted from Feb. 20 to March 18, 2018. Learn More
*Please note: This is only one way that residents can be involved in the Recreation Strategy. There will be several more opportunities throughout the process. Please continue to check back for more opportunities.
Open Monday to Friday
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
2025 Oak Street, Sherwood Park, Alberta T8A 0W9 Canada
2001 Sherwood Drive Sherwood Park, Alberta
To generate opportunities for the benefit of Strathcona County residents that enable the pursuit of healthy lifestyle choices.
- Provide a range of recreational program opportunities that encourage physical activity, personal growth, skill development, social inclusion and mental well-being. Public art is an integral component in Strathcona County's pursuit of a vibrant, livable and healthy place in which to live, work and visit.
- Provide people of all ages with safe, affordable and accessible indoor recreation opportunities at a number of rural and urban facilities to build a healthy, active community.
- Maintain and operate a diverse range of safe, accessible and well-maintained parks, fields, playgrounds, urban forests and open spaces.
- Collaborate with community partners and structured community groups to promote the spirit of recreation throughout the community, build effective partnerships, trustworthy relationships and create social inclusion throughout the County.
- Provide a range of community, recreation and international, national and provincial sport tourism events.