Strathcona County Outdoor Rinks
Updates & Notices
February 5, 2018
All outdoor rinks in Strathcona County – OPEN
Skating pathway at Emerald Hills Regional Park (4501 Emerald Drive, Sherwood Park) – OPEN.
Toboggan hills at Broadmoor Lake and Woodbridge Lake are OPEN.
For updates on weekends, please call 780-467-5800.
Strathcona County does not monitor the thickness of ice for skating on any stormwater pond or natural bodies of water, and therefore, ice conditions are unknown. Stay safe and keep off the ice. Stormwater ponds have an inlet and outlet pipe with water flowing much of the year. This can make ice weak and unstable.
During the winter months, outdoor rinks can be a great activity to explore with friends and family. Please keep in mind that outdoor rinks are not open when temperatures are warmer than 5°C or below -20°C. For the most up-to-date information, you can sign up for our outdoor rink status newsletter .
Outdoor Rink Map
Strathcona County Outdoor Rink
|Strathcona County Park||Expand Map|
Outdoor Rinks by Category
1. Boarded rinks with lights & change facilities
Heated change facilities are supervised from 4 p.m. – 9 p.m. (Mon – Fri), 1 p.m. – 9 p.m. (Sat, Sun & holidays)
- Strathcona Athletic Park – 1100 Clover Bar Road east of Bev Facey School
- Brentwood – Lark Street & Falcon Drive next to Brentwood School
- Kinsmen/Westboro – North of Strathcona Drive and Keith Road
- Sherwood Heights- Fir Street next to Sherwood Heights School
- Ardrossan – #80-1 Avenue
Ice may be booked for practices Monday – Thursday for minor user groups from:
- 6 p.m. – 7 p.m. at Sherwood Heights and Kinsmen/Westboro
- 8 p.m. – 9 p.m. at Strathcona Athletic Park (SAP) and Brentwood
2. Boarded rinks with lights
3. Snow-banked rinks with skating path & change facilities
4. Snow-banked rinks
- Ardrossan on the north side of the Ardrossan Recreation Complex
- Brentwood on Lark Street & Falcon Drive
- Clover Bar Ranch
- Collingwood Cove
- Davidson Creek on Davenport Drive
- Emerald Hills Regional Park on Emerald Drive
- Heritage Hills on Heritage Drive
- Kinsmen Park north of Strathcona Drive & Keith Road
- McGhan Park on Meadowview Drive
- McPherson Park on Regency Drive
- Rainbow Park on Nottingham Drive
- Sherwood Heights on Fir Street
- South Cooking Lake -beside the picnic shelter. Includes a skating path
- Strathcona Athletic Park on Colwill Boulevard
- Uncas at Uncas School
South Cooking Lake skating path
5. Rural rinks
- Ardrossan – in the townsite on the north side of the Ardrossan Recreation Complex (rink boards and lights)
- Colchester School (not maintained by Strathcona County) - 23358 Township Road 520
- Deville/North Cooking Lake -Wye Road, Range Road 210 just north of Deville/North Cooking Lake Community (shelter and lights)
Booking an Outdoor Rink
Outdoor rink bookings are available for birthday parties or pick-up hockey games with friends 2 hours before and one hour after rink hours. Call to find out available times!
Ice bookings must be made by noon on Monday for the following week. Please call the Recreation, Parks and Culture Administration office at 780-467-2211.