Strathcona County is inviting you to provide feedback on its draft Community Standards Bylaw. This bylaw aims to represent the County’s overall approach to establishing clear standards of presentation and accountability in our community.
Have your say!
Have your say: public engagement
Public feedback and input into the draft Community Bylaw is a key step to ensuring the draft Community Standards Bylaw meets the community’s needs. You are invited to comment on the draft bylaw in the following two ways:
- Survey open from June 6 - 30
- Public hearing (opportunity for residents to present their feedback directly to Council).
The hearing will be scheduled for Fall, 2022 and the date will be shared, once confirmed.
Bylaw topics and themes
The proposed Community Standards Bylaw will cover 13 distinct topics, which we have organized into three themes:
- Nuisance and unsightly properties
- Storing construction materials and debris
- Building, yard, fence maintenance
- Parking on private property
This theme groups environmental concern topics:
- Wood-burning appliances and nuisance smoke
- Charity bins and collection sites
- Clearing disabled persons' parking stalls
- Sidewalk clearing
- Symbols of hate
In fall 2022, Administration will present a report to Council outlining the public engagement results. Council will consider whether to proceed with the Community Standards Bylaw or invite more opportunities for community engagement.
More information about the draft bylaw:
Note: public feedback on the draft bylaw is welcome through the survey or the upcoming public hearing (date to be announced, once confirmed).
Legislative and Legal Services