17 Street Functional Planning Study
Construction of the Northeast Anthony Henday Drive undertaken by the Province of Alberta resulted in significant reconstruction and road widening work at the 17 Street and Sherwood Park Freeway interchange. The work resulted in both the City of Edmonton and Strathcona County examining the long-term development of 17 Street between Whitemud Drive and Knightsbridge Road (105 Avenue) through a Functional Planning Study.
Strathcona County along with the City of Edmonton engaged McElhanney Consulting Services Ltd. to conduct the study. The objective of the study was to develop concept plans for the upgrade of 17 Street between Whitemud Drive and 105 Avenue from the existing two-lane undivided rural roadway to a multi-lane arterial road.
The Functional Planning Study for 17 Street was approved by Council on July 2, 2013.
This project is currently in the planning phase.
- 17th street functional planning study (23.1 MB)
- Appendix A - Concept Plan (11.5 MB)
- Appendix B - Individual Ownership Plans
*Note: For up to date Individual Ownership Maps - Please refer to 17 Street Preliminary Design Report by contacting the Transportation Planning and Engineering office at 780-464-8279.
- Appendix C - Utilities, Traffic & Collision Data (21.1 MB)
- Appendix D - Truck turning diagrams (4.0 MB)
- Appendix E - Environmental overview (7.7 MB)
- Appendix F - Noise study (2.1 MB)
- Appendix G - Historical resources overview (1.3 MB)
- Appendix H - Traffic safety audit (1003.5 KB)
- Appendix I - Cost estimate details (192.5 KB)
- Appendix J - Comment tracking (165.9 KB)
Ask it, report it or suggest it using County Connect