Free summer opportunities
Please note: many of the opportunities listed in the calendar below require pre-registration to participate. Click on the event link for more information.
Scheduled free activities
Programs for children and youth
- Wellness Walks will include signage in various rural and urban walking paths that promote mental health awareness and strategies for healthy coping. Looking to add some extra fun to your Wellness Walk? Pick up a Strathcona County Child and Youth Coalition Kit! If you would like to arrange a kit pick up, please email: email@example.com
- For more information and Wellness Walk locations click here
- Explore Strathcona County's extensive trail system.
- Go for a nature walk at the Strathcona Wilderness Centre. (Dogs not permitted.)
- Visit the Riverside Nature Trail and Strathcona County Regional Trail.
- Get your bike out or go for a stroll along the Cycling Map's featured routes.
- Free disc golf opportunities are available at the Emerald Hills Regional Park and Strathcona Wilderness Centre
- Learn more about the Beaverhills Biosphere and explore its trails and parks.
Parks and playgrounds
- Find a park or playground in your neighbourhood or venture somewhere you've never been before.
Dog off-leash areas
- Take your dog for a walk in of the County's well maintained, off-leash areas.
Everybody Gets to Play, Play Days - seasonal
- Free, outdoor family friendly activities scheduled throughout the year.
Art in the County
- Admission to Strathcona County's art gallery, Gallery@501, is free (suggested donation only). Gallery@501 is located in the Community Centre (Sherwood Park) and have scheduled new exhibits and programs throughout the year.
- Check out the paintings, sculptures and other treasures in Strathcona County's extensive Art Collection. Discover our collection of public art using the online map or view the entire collection, which includes 46 works by youth.