Strathcona County Regional Trail
Strathcona County is proud to be part of the regional trail system along the North Saskatchewan River. The Strathcona County Regional Trail portion is 22 kilometres long, and connects the Strathcona Provincial Science Park to Fort Saskatchewan. The entire regional trail system is 88 kilometres, connecting Devon to Sturgeon County.
Funding for this trail has been made possible through contributions by Strathcona County, Trans Canada Trail, River Valley Alliance and Inter Pipeline Ltd.
View the Regional Trail Map (243.7 KB)
This 5.5 km riverside nature trail runs along the North Saskatchewan River and was constructed in partnership with the River Valley Alliance. One trailhead is at Township Road 540 and Range Road 232. The other trail head is west on Township Road 540, about 1 km.
Riverside Nature Trail accessibility
- Riverside Nature Trail is accessible for wheelchair users. It has a hard packed surface with loose gravel on the surface. Please note that users need to manoeuvre a turn while going through the gate.
- The first 500 metres of trail is level and a rest bench is located about a 1 km from the entrance. Much of the trail is flat, with sections of rolling terrain with gradual small hills.
- During the winter the trail will be covered in snow.
- Dogs on leash are allowed on the trail.
Trail user resources
The Trans Canada Trail is a not-for-profit organization, created in 1992 and its vision is to build the longest and grandest trail in the world.
Strathcona County is contributing to this exciting project and is designing and constructing 14 kms of granular and asphalt trail. Funding for this trail has been made possible through contributions from Strathcona County, Trans Canada Trail, River Valley Alliance as well as Inter Pipeline Ltd.
- For more information on the Trans Canada Trail, visit http://thegreattrail.ca/
The River Valley Alliance is a not-for-profit corporation involving seven Capital Region municipalities. Its shareholders include the seven municipalities holding lands in the Capital Region North Saskatchewan River Valley:
• Town of Devon
• Parkland County
• Leduc County
• City of Edmonton
• Strathcona County
• City of Fort Saskatchewan
• Sturgeon County
The River Valley Alliance has a compelling vision to connect the 7 member municipalities through a series of foot bridges, trails, boat docks and launches.