Programs for seniors
Activities designed specially for seniors. Choose in-person or virtual programs, pick your favourite activity and keep active and healthy.
Find below the schedule of in-person fitness classes designed especially for seniors. Classes happen at Glen Allan Recreation Complex and Millennium Place.
Get active in your home with our adult wellness virtual programs offered through Microsoft Teams. These are live classes lead by a qualified instructor. Learn how to use Microsoft Teams for your virtual program here.
Virtual programs for seniors include:
- Group fitness (including classes for 50+ and 60+)
Need help finding a program or registering?
Call 780-467-2211 (Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
Activities in the community
In-person, low intensity fitness
Or browse by type of program:
- Health Based / Prevention
- Next Step Individual - improve your endurance, strength, balance and mobility in the weight room.
- Aging Backwards with Essentrics - improve range of motion and mobility in this gentle yet effective class.
- Chair Yoga - a gentle yoga practice that integrates the assistance of a chair for seated and standing poses.
- Full Body Yoga (50+) - connect the mind and body through mobility, flexibility and strength.
Dance, socialize or just enjoy the live music! Partners and singles welcome.
Tickets are $12 at the door. All Seniors’ Dances are located at the Log Cabin (attached to the Sherwood Park 55+ Club) at 50 A Spruce Avenue, Sherwood Park. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. and the dance runs from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Register for programs
You can register for Strathcona County's recreation and culture programs in three ways:
- call 780-467-2211 (8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. weekdays)
- call 780-416-3300 (evenings and weekends)
- online, anytime: view and register for older adult programs