The Design and Construction Standards (DCS) are used when designing or constructing Strathcona County’s roads, utilities systems, open spaces, trails and landscaping.
The documents posted here form the most recent version of the Standards.
- Strathcona County Design and Construction Standards (45.8 MB)
- DCS 2023 Update Summary (59.8 KB)
- DCS 2023 Redline Summary of Administrative Amendments (141.5 KB)
Bulletins supersede the Design and Construction Standards posted above, unless otherwise specified.
- CAD Standards - April 13, 2023 (79.8 KB)
- Concrete Strength - April 13, 2023 (120.9 KB)
- Pumper Port Sizing - May 24, 2023 (80.2 KB)
- Road Name Suffix Abbreviations - March 4, 2022 (94.7 KB)
- Rural Asphalt Mixes - May 24, 2023 (357.1 KB)
- Sign Installation - April 26, 2023 (116.2 KB)
- Street Name Signs - April 13, 2023 (87.1 KB)
- Watermain Joint Restraints - April 13, 2023 (88.5 KB)
- Watermain Looping Timing - April 13, 2023 (89.5 KB)
- Acceptance of Detailed Engineering and Landscape Drawings - Application (280.0 KB)
- Chlorine Residual and Bacterial Sampling - Report (326.6 KB)
- Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) Inspection - Request (317.6 KB)
- Combined Water Pressure and Leakage Test - Report (286.0 KB)
- Construction Completion - Infrastructure Summary (535.2 KB)
- Contractors' Monthly Maintenance Record (2.8 MB)
- Design and Construction Variance - Application (1.1 MB)
- Extension to a Waterworks, Wastewater or Storm Drainage System - Notification (131.2 KB)
- Hydrant Flow Test - Application (327.9 KB)
- Open Space Construction Inspection - Report (2.7 MB)
Get email alerts about updates to the Strathcona County Design and Construction Standards. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Collection and use of personal information
This personal information is being collected in accordance with the Municipal Government Act, Section 3 and the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, Section 33. It will be used to distribute an electronic newsletter and only used for this purpose. Read: eNewsletter privacy statement.
Transportation Engineering and Operations
Copyright and Disclaimer:
Strathcona County Design and Construction Standards
Copyright © Strathcona County 2023.
Except as stated below, no part of the Strathcona County Design and Construction Standards (the "publication") may be copied, reproduced, or distributed, in whole or in part, without the prior written consent of Strathcona County. To request such prior written consent, please contact the Strathcona County Director of Legislative and Legal Services at 780-464-8299 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Part of this publication, but not the whole of this publication, may be copied or reproduced for personal or non-commercial use. Such use is at the sole risk of the user, and the user is fully responsible for any consequences arising from such use. Strathcona County does not give any warranty or representation as to the accuracy, completeness, currency, or quality of the publication. Strathcona County is not liable for any direct, indirect, consequential, special, or other damages or losses that may result from the use of this information in accordance herewith.