Transit information for students
COVID-19 Transit service
As directed by the Province of Alberta, masks will continue to be required while riding transit until further notice.
COVID-19 protocols and restrictions affecting Transit
The AHS testing site is located in trailers in the north-west corner of the Bethel Transit Terminal parking lot off of Broadview Road, not in the Bethel Transit Terminal. Map
Please do not ride transit to get to your appointment. If you require transportation, contact 811 and they will assist you.
Strathcona County Transit provides transportation to students attending schools within Sherwood Park or in Edmonton.
- University of Alberta: Routes 404 and 414
- NAIT: Route 413
- MacEwan City Centre: Routes 401, 411, and 413
We encourage all transit passengers to take local transit instead of utilizing the park and ride lots. Local transit is included with your U-Pass. Parking is at a premium and taking your local route generally adds no more than 15 minutes to your trip during peak travel times.
Visit the Schedules and routes page for trip times and route maps.
For other schools, students should use a combination of Strathcona County Transit and Edmonton Transit.
To plan your trip call 780-464-RIDE (7433) or use Google Maps.
Use Google Maps to plan your trip
- Go to Google Maps
- Select the "Directions" bent arrow at the top of the screen
- Select the transit icon from the top of the menu
- Enter your starting point and destination
The U-Pass program is a group transit pass purchase that allows students enrolled in participating post-secondary institutions unlimited access to transit services across the region. Through a partnership of participating transit systems, the pass is offered to students at a participating institution, as a group.
Starting September 2021, U-Pass will be available through the Arc card, which students will use to tap on/off buses and the LRT around region. Arc U-Pass cards are issued by the participating post-secondary institution.
Participating U-Pass Post-secondary institutions
U-Pass is available at the following post-secondary institutions in the Edmonton region:
Note: NAIT students can use their One Card like an Arc card to tap on/off buses/LRT. All other U-Pass students will receive an Arc card from their institution. Until students have their Arc cards, those attending participating post-secondary institutions can show their valid student ID (either in paper or digital format) as proof of payment.
Participating regional transit services
U-Pass can be used on the following transit systems:
- Strathcona County Transit
- Edmonton Transit Service
- St. Albert Transit
- Fort Saskatchewan
- Spruce Grove
U-Pass validity dates
The U-Pass is valid for the following dates:
- Fall Semester: August 25 - December 31
- Winter Semester: January 1 - April 30
- Spring/Summer Semester: May 1 - August 31
When using your Arc card, be sure to have your valid post-secondary student ID with you, as both will be required if you are requested to show proof of payment. There is a $250 fine for fare evasion.
For more information about U-Pass, including eligibility and Arc cards, please contact your post-secondary institution.
What if I do not qualify for a UPass?
You can purchase a youth/student commuter pass available at either the Bethel Transit Terminal or Ordze Transit Centre. Passes are valid for youth 17-years-old and younger or for those with a valid student ID.
Local high school students
Strathcona County Transit provides bus service to Archbishop Jordan Catholic High School (ABJ). All other high school students are provided with bussing service options through their school boards. ABJ students can take the following routes:
- Route 430 - effective Aug 30, 2021 (195.7 KB) to get to school from Bethel Transit Terminal
- Route 431 - effective Aug 30, 2021 (196.0 KB) after school to return to Bethel Transit Terminal
- Route 433A - effective Aug 30, 2021 (208.2 KB) for students who live in Charlton Heights, Lakeland Ridge, Chelsea Heights, Clarkdale Meadows and Davidson Creek. This route goes directly to ABJ.
For students traveling to other schools within Sherwood park, please visit bus schedules and routes for complete local route information.
Archbishop Jordan (ABJ) students who are part of the school-supplied pass program who have lost their pass no longer receive free replacement passes. Contact the school board for assistance during regular business hours. They are located at:
Elk Island Catholic Schools
310 Broadview Rd
Sherwood Park, AB
Important reminders for students:
- Plan to be at your stop a minimum of five minutes before the bus is scheduled to arrive.
- Don’t forget your bus pass.
- Passes are only valid for the month indicated on the front.