Community halls and senior centres
Community hall re-opening
Residents can expect the delivery of County-run services to look different during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Please contact the specific community hall association operator for details and availability.
For safe use, these community operated venues are required to follow Government of Alberta COVID-19 guidelines.
There are 14 community halls and four seniors' citizen centres located throughout Strathcona County. Many community halls are available for rent and offer excellent facilities, both indoor and outdoor, for a variety of functions.
The halls and centres are operated by local community and seniors' associations. Many dedicated local volunteers have an active interest in making their communities healthier and happier places in which to live, work and play. Many groups offer community-based programs and special events to meet the needs of community members and local residents.
League and Association Support
The Contact Offices are the first point to County services for community leagues and seniors’ associations. Services and support include:
- Networking between clubs
- Developing your league and programs
- Assistance in volunteer management
- Assistance in searching for funding opportunities
- Caring for our community halls - facility maintenance
If you have ideas for a program or would like to become involved in your community or senior association please contact the following:
- AJ Ottewell Community Centre, 590 Broadmoor Blvd.
- Antler Lake Uncas Hall, 1A, 52343 Range Road 211
- Ardrossan Memorial Hall, 60, First Avenue
- Brookville Hall, 53203 Range Road 212
- Colchester Hall, 23219 Township Road 520
- Deville/North Cooking Lake Hall, 21033 Wye Road
- Good Hope Hall, 21076 Township Road 542
- Hastings Lake Hall, 51080 Range Road 204
- Josephburg Hall, 57, 54569 Range Road 215
- Partridge Hill Hall, 22002 Township Road 542
- Sherwood Park Community Hall, 50 Spruce Avenue
- South Cooking Lake Hall, 22106 South Cooking Lake Road
- Whitecroft Hall, 314, 52313 Range Road 232
- Wye Hall, 151 - 22559 Wye Road
- Ardrossan 55 Plus Club, 21 Queen Street, Ardrossan
- Josephburg Senior Citizen Centre, 57A, 54569 Range Road 215
- Sherwood Park 55 Plus Club, 50A Spruce Avenue, Sherwood Park
- South Cooking Lake Seniors' Centre, 102, 22106 South Cooking Lake Road
Rural recreation facilities
Did you know rural recreation facilities are available to rent?
Is your social function having alcohol service?
If you are booking space in Strathcona County's community halls, recreation centres or senior centres and your function will have alcohol, you will be required to purchase Host Liquor Liability insurance in the amount of $2 million.
For additional information speak to the rental contact at the facility you are booking.
Strathcona County publishes community hall and senior centre information using content provided by the local community and seniors' associations licensed to operate and administer these facilities. We cannot guarantee the accuracy and currency of the information provided.
Ask a question, report it or suggest it using County Connect