Spring roadside cleanup
Every year non-profit groups help remove unwanted litter from select roadside ditches, while fundraising for their non-profit group or charity. Their efforts help to improve the look of our community.
Check back next year for information on applying for the 2021 program.
- Preference is given to groups or associations residing within Strathcona County
- Space may be limited and spots are not guaranteed
- No more than 15 miles will be assigned per association or group
- Participants must be at least nine years of age with a least one adult supervisor for every:
- Two child participants under 14 years old
- Five child participants between 14 and 18 years old
- Cleanup usually starts in May, but the exact dates depend on how quickly the snow melts and the ditches dry up
- Each group receives maps, safety gear and garbage bags
For safety purposes, all groups must apply before they participate.