Every year, non-profit groups help remove unwanted litter from select roadside ditches, while fundraising for their non-profit group or charity. Their efforts help to improve the look of our community.
Application process - Now open
Please download, complete and submit the application form by April 6, 2023 to be considered for the 2023 program.
Forms can be submitted by email to email@example.com
- Preference is given to groups or associations residing within Strathcona County
- Space may be limited and spots are not guaranteed
- No more than 15 miles will be assigned per association or group
- Participants must be at least nine years of age with at least one adult supervisor for every:
- Two child participants under 14 years old
- Five child participants between 14 and 18 years old
- Cleanup usually starts in May, but the exact dates depend on how quickly the snow melts and the ditches dry up
- Each group receives maps, safety gear and garbage bags
- For safety purposes, all groups must apply before they can participate
Transportation Engineering and Operations
Submit a request related to the Spring Roadside Cleanup program