Spring roadside cleanup
Roadside clean up postponed
In light of direction received from public health authorities in Alberta on COVID-19, Strathcona County is postponing the spring roadside cleanup to limit the spread of the virus and, ultimately, to keep our employees, customers, community and visitors healthy and safe. Applicants will be contacted directly.
Please note: Depending on timing, there is the potential that the Roadside Cleanup Program may need to be cancelled for 2020.
Every year non-profit groups help remove unwanted litter from select roadside ditches, while fundraising for their non-profit group or charity. Their efforts help to improve the look of our community.
Applications are no longer being accepted for the Spring Roadside Cleanup program for 2020. Check back next year for information on applying for the 2021 program.
- Preference is given to groups or associations residing within Strathcona County
- Space may be limited and spots are not guaranteed
- No more than 15 miles will be assigned per association or group
- Participants must be at least nine years of age with a least one adult supervisor for every:
- Two child participants under 14 years old
- Five child participants between 14 and 18 years old
- The exact dates of the cleanup depend on how quickly the snow melts and the ditches dry up
- Each group receives maps, safety gear and garbage bags
For safety purposes, all groups must apply and are required to review a training video before they participate