Spring Roadside Cleanup
Applications are now closed for our 2021 program
Thank you to everyone who applied. The County will be in touch with all applicants by mid April.
Every year, non-profit groups help remove unwanted litter from select roadside ditches, while fundraising for their non-profit group or charity. Their efforts help to improve the look of our community.
Application process - Now open
Please download, complete and submit the application form by March 31 to be considered for the 2021 program.
Forms can be submitted by email to TASREC@strathcona.ca or dropped off in person at 370 Streambank Avenue, Sherwood Park, on Mondays, Wednesdays or Fridays between 8:30 a.m. and noon.
- Preference is given to groups or associations residing within Strathcona County
- Space may be limited and spots are not guaranteed
- No more than 15 miles will be assigned per association or group
- Participants must be at least nine years of age with a least one adult supervisor for every:
- Two child participants under 14 years old
- Five child participants between 14 and 18 years old
- Cleanup usually starts in May, but the exact dates depend on how quickly the snow melts and the ditches dry up
- Each group receives maps, safety gear and garbage bags
- For safety purposes, all groups must apply before they can participate
This program and its participants will follow all COVID-19 health and safety restrictions outlined by the Government of Alberta.