Every year, non-profit groups help remove unwanted litter from select roadside ditches, while fundraising for their non-profit group or charity. Their efforts help to improve the look of our community.
Thank you for your interest, applications for the 2022 Roadside Cleanup Program are no longer being accepted. The dates of the actual cleanup will be dependant on weather.
- Preference is given to groups or associations residing within Strathcona County
- Space may be limited and spots are not guaranteed
- No more than 15 miles will be assigned per association or group
- Participants must be at least nine years of age with at least one adult supervisor for every:
- Two child participants under 14 years old
- Five child participants between 14 and 18 years old
- Cleanup usually starts in May, but the exact dates depend on how quickly the snow melts and the ditches dry up
- Each group receives maps, safety gear and garbage bags
- For safety purposes, all groups must apply before they can participate